n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
I am new to the area, going to college in Longview. I'm looking for somewhere to ride within about an hour of here, mainly ride MX but I enjoy any time on the bike. I was at Swan on Sat for the Pro Challenge - amazing track (compared to the Ohio tracks I have been to) as far as jumps, layout, terrain, and especially dirt! I wanted to ride on it really bad, unfortunately from what they said practice is by membership only and in the hundred of $'s per year for membership. It would be a great deal if I was closer but I can't see getting out there more than 10 times in a year, and I just can't commit that much $$ right now.

So any other places nearby either MX or trails riding? Anyone to ride with around here?

Thanks,
Andy

98 KX250

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Go to Barnwell Mountain on Hwy 155 5 miles east of Gilmer, TX. Less than 45 minutes from you. This is a TMTC property open weekends. 1600 acres of fun. Good trails and jeep roads but no motocross track. Go up there and you will always find people to ride with. Gary Hazel at Thumper Racing of Marshall is on the Board. Affordable fees.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
Thanks - that looks like a great location (found their web site). Not too expensive and pretty close. I will try to make it up there in the next couple weeks.

Andy

Top Bottom