Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
anybody have any info on MX riding near the Tri-State area: Dubuqe (IA)- Galena (IL) - Platteville (WI)

there seem to be a bunch of OHV public places in Iowas but no MX tracks around here...

thanks
(based in Galena, IL)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hi Pokie - here are a few within 100 miles:

Warren, IL - 25 miles - www.racethestorm.com - Stadium style, not sure if they have open riding

Mt. Carroll, IL - 35 miles - www.mcmotopark.com - Probably your best option - Outdoor MX style, lots of elevation changes, safe, fun, called a "mini Red Bud" by the promoter, has open riding

Lena, IL - 35 miles - Lena was listed to have MX races either in 2003 or 2004, but I don't think it worked out - wardy may have more info

Morrison, IL - 55 miles - Morrison had a MX race a few years back and the track was said to be an awesome outdoor style MX with elevation changes and like a mini Red Bud as well, I think the racing thing didn't work out because of noise, but the track might still be open for practice, Brush Poppers runs enduros and hare scrambles in Morrison and they might own the track as well - 815-626-4756.

Pecatonica, IL - 65 miles - www.statelinemx.com - Stadium style, not sure if they have open riding

Fenton, IL - 65 miles - Fenton was listed as a MX track a while back as well.... not sure on the status

Cedar Rapids, IL - 80 miles - www.cvtr.org/framemain.htm - Hawkeye Downs stadium style, not sure if they have open riding

Byron, IL - 85 miles - www.motobyron.com - Pretty sure you've been there ;)

Walnut, IL - 90 miles - www.sunsetridgemx.com - Outdoor style MX track with elevation and natural terrain, very safe, fun, somewhat sandy/loamy, wide and multi-lined, has open riding

Coal Valley, IL - 90 miles - www.tricitym-c.com - Outdoor sytle MX track with elevation and natural terrain and some man-made doubles, whoops, tables, somewhat hardpacked, fun, has yearly club memberships with open riding

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Thanks Nikki.... You are better than a Lexus-Nexus search; In fact I talked to Reid Law at MCMotopark just today: unfortunately he does not have open practice except specific non-race weekends, and very rare midweek times. I'll meet up with him at the track next week to check it out.

Warren, per Reid, is the Fairgrounds...not open. Lena, I am told is dead.

Local (Dubuque) dealers are not very helpful, they mentioned some OHV parks in Waterloo and Cedar Rapids..... I'll check them out AFTER i get my bike registered in Iowa....and after all the 'honey-do's' on the home front... There were some attempts 3-4 years ago in the Dubuqe area to have a multi-discipline riding area, but it never materialized.

I have also heard of POLO and Genesee.... which I'll check out also.

Weldit... yes I know about Farley.... strictly indoor stadium style.... I think they run Arenacross there...

-
Thanks again for the info... I'll report what I find out....

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
What about Kiethsburg? DRN user MUNCH has the info on that place I beleive. If I recall correctly, the had open ride days. Lots of sand from what I hear. Do a search for places to ride in Ill. There was a couple of these threads in the past few months.
Pokie, did you move permanently, or just for the summer.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Walt.... haven't come across Keithburg.... but I'll search; yes, it's permanent... if you ever come to Galena, give me a shout (815 776 0695) and we'll meet up for a ride or just some sight seing....

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Pokie,
If your up for a road trip after a good hard rain and are into the self abuse thing Keithsburg is right up your alley. I road there last Sat., very whooped out but still better than not riding. If you need directions I'll try to find them for you. $5 a day ,7 days a week.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
....if it is near Des Moines, that would indeed be a trip and half...

Top Bottom