Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Folks, be awful careful of a chick calling herself kandyhorse. She hosed me on a pipe. After it was delivered ten days late she had the gall to tell me the dents at the head of the pipe were put there by the FMF folks. Pipe is sprung beyond belief, or is for a bike that ISN'T what it was sold as. I figure I can get the body dents out easy enough, the huge creased dent on the head pipe probably not, and to get it to line up,,,,,,,,

But I guess this is the first bad thing that's happened to me on ebay.

Ummm, anyone wanna GREAT FMF Fatty for a 95 on up KDX? All the dents are factory, honest.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I would insist on a refund of sorts, if not a full refund. Don't let scumbags screw you on Ebay.

Put in a price, $50, $100, anything - make them settle !

If the pipe has a serial number, try find out what bike it really is for - you can force a full refund if it is not for your bike. Check out what protections you have as a buyer. A little mistake can be forgiven, if it is very different from what is advertised, it is fraud.

Last edited:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I had a smiliar experience with a pipe.

There is a resolution process to follow for items seriously misrepresented (fraud).

http://pages.ebay.com/help/index_popup.html?confidence=isgw-fraud-protection.html

Generally, contact the seller and try to resolve it. Report it to your credit card or Paypal and process a stop payment. File a claim with ebay.

You should expect a full refund and that users ID will be removed from ebay if there is a pattern of abuse on their part.

I got all of my money back AND never had to return the pipe. I promptly trashed it as it was beyond repair.

Good Luck!

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Well, filed with ebay, no word yet.

Marlin, the dents that showed in the pic will be easy to iron out. There's big creased dents in the heavier part (by the engine, what we used to call the head pipe and these youngsters probably call something else) that I don't think I can iron. Then,,,, the whole pipe is twisted, doesn't come close to lining up. If I'm stuck with it, I'll get the torch out and try to get it fitted. There was so much spooge the silencer wouldn't even slide on until I cleaned the mating surfaces with a dental pick and a parts washer. The rubber between the two pipes didn't even come close to sealing. That gave me my first clue how sprung it was. I figure about a 10 degree bend with a 7 degree twist thrown in for good measure.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by 70 marlin
There faily cheap to have repaired.

$40 plus shipping and the wait isn't really cheap after you spend $50 or so for what was supposed to be a good pipe.

Just won another one on ebay....I hope its a good one.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Gunther sounds like they dumped a trashed pipe on you.

Ebay does want you to sort this out if you can before you file, have the documentation requesting a refund etc. The seller has to be given a chance to sort out the problem. After you have tried everything, then they try to mediate the issue.

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Ongoing,, kandyhorse still hasn't responded. I figure I'll be stuck but I will keep a lookout for her and email anyone that bids on her stuff.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
all that sppoge is a bad deal because if there is that much, it could restrict flow farther back in the stinger end or in the headpipe.  I have a theory that many riders have spooged their stock pipe so bad by the time they get a new aftermarket one, then of course it adds power because it's new and unrestricted. 

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Boy, we fightin' now! Makes it almost worth it. She can't keep her story straight at all, and she emails it to me. She's ranking right up there with the stupidest people I know. Which is saying a lot since I'm a paramedic.

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Well she offered a refund. Partial anyway. But that was in November and it hasn't came.

Honestly, do you think she's trying to screw me?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
usually when you buy on ebay and have something shipped to you its not realistic or possible to inspect it before you buy it :think:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Her feedback rating's not bad (Only 1 negative, yours), I think some people expect too much when they buy something on ebay. If you want perfect, better go buy it new!

FMF pipes are known for their poor fit from the factory, so having a used one with poor fit should not be to much of a surprise.

BTW,Some KDX pipes come from FMF pre-dented for KIPS shaft clearance :clue:

Check out www.piperepair.com They have some great before and after photos of dented pipes! (well smashed and destroyed might be better words!)

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
I don't expect new from ebay. I expect useable. This was neither. First she said it was good, then she didn't know and it was her husband that listed it, then the twisting was factory, ad nauseum.

Still have no refund.

Top Bottom