bluesboy

Mar 8, 2004
Hi
Anyone know if it's possible to fit new style switchable ignition mapping on to an older '03 model? Is the mod worth the time and money? Mine is an '03 Euro EC300 model.

many thanks

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
You need to buy the '05/'06 CDI. The new dual map system seems to be getting rave reveiws. Can't comment personally on the performance gains as I haven't tried it.

muddobber

May 19, 2000
Recently purchased a new 300 EC with the dual ignition setup and I think its awsome. Tight woods are actually easier to ride on the Rain setting or lower power setting. The differance is small but you can really tell the machine will not rev as far in the Rain setting. Click it to the Sunny setting or full power for climbing hills or sandy terrain. Actually the Rain setting would be better on rocky up hills to limit slip. I do not know on longevity of the switch itself yet but am hopeful it will hold up.

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
Picked up a leftover 05' three oh oh myself and am looking to install "the" switch as I have that same box on fender.ANY suggestions on flywheel weight size and/or g2 throttle experience.And if so what type of riding/terrain do you encounter?THANKS!

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
motorhead434 said:
Picked up a leftover 05' three oh oh myself and am looking to install "the" switch as I have that same box on fender.ANY suggestions on flywheel weight size and/or g2 throttle experience.And if so what type of riding/terrain do you encounter?THANKS!

I just did a swap with a friend of mine and ended up with an 05 300 EC.! It has the G2R throttle cam and also a small fly wheel weight, I'm not sure on the weight but I'll find out.
The G2R seems to work pretty good, but I've only had 2 rides on the bike and changed from the 200 cam to the 400 cam.

The last ride I, I switched to the 400x cam, and unpugged the ignition wires. It seems pretty good right where its at now, but I've only ridden in whooped out sand.

With the wires connected, is this the rain setting or sun??

I'll get back with you on the flywheel weight.

Thanks

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I have an XC250 (now called DE250) with the lighter flywheel. When I bought it used, it had a 4 oz weight on it. I replaced it last year with a 10 oz weight and like it much better. There is less stalling over logs and the power comes on a little smoother. If you are looking for a lot of flywheel inertia then you may want to swap the DE flywheel for the true EC flywheel. Even a 14 oz weight on the DE flywheel is not even close to the EC flywheel inertia.

By the way, I just ordered a G2 throttle. I'm excited to try it out. I heard very good reviews about it from other riders.

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
The orange and black wire on box is plugged into each other from factory,this is the "rain" mapping.Unhooked is "sunny" setting.My dealer recommended 140z. FWW ,just curious if anyone is running different & why.Does this bike come with aluminum clutch plates???If so a switch to steel would also help the cause.I'm gonna add the g2 throttle to the wish list.

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
Munch,would that "whooped out sand" be located at keithsburg???And if so is it as gnarly as usual?Lets hope we get some good weather for the 2/26 dist.22 And or 3/5 dist.17 hare scramble at THE BURG.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Motorhead,
you know it. It's at least as beat up as usual, it has seen quite a bit of riding this year due to the warm Jan. and first part of Feb.
I was there last Sunday and they are trying to work in a few new "bike only sections" so there will be a few smoother spots...at least until the parade lap is over!
Hopefully I'll see you at both of those races. DO you run most of the d17 series??

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Mounted a switch off of my triple clamps last night to be able to change the mapping on the fly, very cool thing, a definant in the two. rain setting VERY tractable compare to the sunny setting

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
munch said:
Motorhead,
you know it. It's at least as beat up as usual, it has seen quite a bit of riding this year due to the warm Jan. and first part of Feb.
I was there last Sunday and they are trying to work in a few new "bike only sections" so there will be a few smoother spots...at least until the parade lap is over!
Hopefully I'll see you at both of those races. DO you run most of the d17 series??
I only rode a couple wedron h/s last season,rode most of the enduros though.Tried to "save" my old husky from abuse last year as I hoped to sell it and start 06' fresh.Did you run the "burg" sunday?Who won overall?

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Zack Sulzberger over all, followed bt Chad Pederson more than 2 minutes behind, 3rd was Barry Sulzberger ( in his mid 40's) 2 seconds behind Pederson.

As for me , crashed , broken wrist but finished the race, out for this Sunday but may be there observing, I'll have to try and look you guys up!

Top Bottom