Eel - Say it aint so

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
Rick,
No, I did not go over the 4th. My local buddies bailed out, and I did not have any firm link-up plans with the DRN crowd. It's a little risky to ride up there alone. Plus I was behind on work, so I did not push it.

My bike is ready to rock, though. Lots of new plastic and parts. I'm watching the weather for more monsoon conditions. When they come, I am going riding. The trails up there are great - c'mon down if you get a chance.

Sorry for the threadjack, thumbs!

Yea, sorry about jumping in. I"ve never been up there, I'd like to some time. What is the best time of the year to go>? Can you ride up there in the winter?

the Eel

Subscriber
Thumbs - it's bittersweet, but yeah. We'll be gone by the end of August. I'll call you.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
sheezzz ... for are a minute there I thought Eel was getting married. Nawwwwwwww.... he ain't no fool ....... :nod:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
the Eel said:
I may be headed (back) there myself. A lot has changed in the 16 years since I left.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
the Eel said:
Get ready for mud tires and mud riding (I lived in Vancouver, BC for awhile). A nice change from the rocks and sand though.

the Eel

Subscriber
Yeah - it's gonna be a lot different than desert racing in sunny southern california, that's for sure. But there's a ton or riding there and and a local offroad/enduro series! Who's gonna visit first?!

the Eel

Subscriber
that would kick ass tony ! i really hope you guys do - you can ride the WR125!

the Eel said:
Phew! Much better (riding-wise) than the NJ or FL options. Methinks you will go through sprockets, chains and bearings every season now. Oh: RainX, antifog, and Smith TurboFan goggles.

You can still get your dez fix inland, though it is a drive.