dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Rick,
No, I did not go over the 4th. My local buddies bailed out, and I did not have any firm link-up plans with the DRN crowd. It's a little risky to ride up there alone. Plus I was behind on work, so I did not push it.

My bike is ready to rock, though. Lots of new plastic and parts. I'm watching the weather for more monsoon conditions. When they come, I am going riding. The trails up there are great - c'mon down if you get a chance.

Sorry for the threadjack, thumbs!

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Yea, sorry about jumping in. I"ve never been up there, I'd like to some time. What is the best time of the year to go>? Can you ride up there in the winter?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Thumbs - it's bittersweet, but yeah. We'll be gone by the end of August. I'll call you.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
sheezzz ... for are a minute there I thought Eel was getting married. Nawwwwwwww.... he ain't no fool ....... :nod:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
the Eel said:

I may be headed (back) there myself. A lot has changed in the 16 years since I left.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
the Eel said:

Get ready for mud tires and mud riding (I lived in Vancouver, BC for awhile). A nice change from the rocks and sand though.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Yeah - it's gonna be a lot different than desert racing in sunny southern california, that's for sure. But there's a ton or riding there and and a local offroad/enduro series! Who's gonna visit first?!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
that would kick ass tony ! i really hope you guys do - you can ride the WR125!

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
the Eel said:

Phew! Much better (riding-wise) than the NJ or FL options. Methinks you will go through sprockets, chains and bearings every season now. Oh: RainX, antifog, and Smith TurboFan goggles.

You can still get your dez fix inland, though it is a drive.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
the Eel said:
i really hope you guys do - QUOTE]

Road Trip! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Good luck Eric. Hope things work out for you up there. :cool:

Last edited:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
the Eel said:
Yeah - it's gonna be a lot different than desert racing in sunny southern california, that's for sure. But there's a ton or riding there and and a local offroad/enduro series! Who's gonna visit first?!

Eric,

The eastern part of Wash. has plenty of Dez for when you need a fix, but you will dig the enduro series they have up there!!!

Tony,

Let me know when you plan to visit Eric, I'm along the way and I'm always looking for an excuse to ride in the PNW.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
the Eel said:

I just got back in from vacation and saw this. Eric, have fun and good luck. You'll be gone by the end of August???? that's quick.

Re visiting, I'd love to do a road trip up there next summer to ride:)

Best of luck... are we going get a farewell ride in? I gonna miss putting GG tires back on during races :nener:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I definitely hope you all can find some time to visit in the future. I got the extra bikes and we'll have some space to put you up. Should be some good riding up there and it's a cool place to visit in general.

This did come up quick. I'm definitely gonna miss all of you. Too many good times to count really.

I'm planning on racing the Invaders dez scramble on Aug 26th - and probably a Kennedy Meadows jaunt at some point.

Top Bottom