Huskyraca665

Apr 15, 2002
I'm think of getting a Efm no-stall auto clutch for my 2002 Husky Wr 125. I'm short and have prblems starting my bike on hills and in weird situations. I'am interested in any thoughts on advantages and disavatages on it. Thanks

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I don't think the Efm will work very well on a 125. On a bike of that size you need to work the clutch a lot to make it go good.

Most of the guys with auto clutchs only use them on bigger engines.

Hope this helps.

PeteN

Jun 5, 2000
I think it will work very well. I have a Z-start auto clutch on my CRF and love it. The auto clutch does "work the clutch", it just does it the perfect amount every time. I want to get one for my XR100!

steve lafon

Aug 30, 2000
I am using a EFM no stall auto clutrch on a gas gas 200 and it works well. Overall I can not see any reason why it is of much help to me. But it would be helpful in the kinds of problems you described. This clutch requires a lot of trial and erra adjustments to ever get it working just right . The tech. help is good by phone but if you can't get hold of them its not much help.They need a good set of instructions and better written problem advice on what to do to fix all the possible problems with adjustments of Drag, engagement,R.P.M's and understanding of how it works and what affects different areas. I burned out my clutch at LBJ this year and took a couples more races before I got it right. I took my clutch apart at least 6 or 7 times before getting it right. I still don't like the fact that if anyone pulls the clutch lever a couple times with out the engine running they can wreck your day. My clutch lever still does not work properly, but if you never use it then your ok.There is still a problem in this area they have not been able to help me with.So if anyone has any advice on this area I would welcome it. Good Luck

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by PeteN
I think it will work very well. I have a Z-start auto clutch on my CRF and love it.

Pete - Do you use it during SuperMoto races as well?

Huskyraca665

Apr 15, 2002
Steve:
What happens to it when you pull in the clutch without the motor running. I know gary at efm and live right by him so he told me if i get one he can have me right my bike around his place to get it ajusted properly. I have to take my bike there because he dosnt make them for huskies so he has to have my bike to make one. Thanks for the info.

PeteN

Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

Pete - Do you use it during SuperMoto races as well?

I have used the Z-start all year racing Supermoto and think it's great. It eliminates stalling with tall gears, loose dirt and slicks, it also makes for the most fool proof holeshot starts ever. I also think that it eliminates the rear tire chatter entering corners, as I've never had this problem since installing it. I just talked to them about getting one for the Husaberg that I'll be racing next year. The Z-start is very easy to install and adjust, although I did not use the clutch lever override set up. See www.rekluse.com for more info.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool, thanks for the info Pete.

Let us know if they get you set-up with your new Husaberg ride.

DKT735

Sponsoring Member
Mar 16, 2000
I'm thinking of buying the EFM auto clutch. What type of problems did you have. You menioned the fact that it was hard to adjust, do you have to take the whole clutch apart? What do you mean in your statement that if "someone pulls the clutch on your bike 2 or 3 time it can ruin your day"?
Does it lock up or go out of adjustment?

Even with an auto clutch, I still want to feather my clutch out of corners and use it for a quick burst of power. Does the EFM clutch allow you to do these things?

Thanks

Last edited:

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
I looking for a auto clutch for a KX500. ReKluse has yet to release one. What's EFM's website?

sleepsafe

Aug 5, 2005
Guys, I had a stroke about 10 weeks ago. I want to ride my bike, but don't have enough strength to pull in the clutch. I'm not a dirt rider, but you guys seeem to have all the experience with the EFM unit. I have this unit installed on my 03 HD, there is still a tiny bit of pull at idle, and when I pull in the clutch lever there is some noise that leads me to believe the clutch is not completely disengaging. Garry is gone to Sturgis and the instructions regarding adjustment aren't really great. Does anyone have suggestions for adjusting this clutch? Thanks, Dennis And what happens when you pullin the clutch lever if the engine isn't running??

Top Bottom