EG porting or a pipe?

barryreese

Mar 6, 2002
I am thinking about either having my O2 YZ 125 ported or purchasing a pipe for it? Which would be the better way to go? Im sure this subject has been addressed before but thanks for any info.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Porting flat out has better bang for the buck. Probably because the pipe costs more buck and gives almost no bang. Go with Gorr

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Porting will always be better than a pipe!

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
Porting. Thats a no brainer, especialy on a newer bike where a pipe wont make much of a difference.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Without question, go with the pipe!

Just kidding. ;)

Dollar for dollar, porting is the best performance mod if you go with EG. :thumb:

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
Port the bike, best money I have spent so far.  Second best is the hydaulic clutch. :thumb:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I think the time to buy a pipe is when you smash your old one. I have never used one that made a huge difference.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Rcannon
I think the time to buy a pipe is when you smash your old one. I have never used one that made a huge difference.
Totally agree. :thumb:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Do you guys remember when aluminum silencers came out. Everyone had to have one for the performance benefits (at least that is what they said) The problem was, the old bikes offered no protection for them. One good crash and it had holes in it. Preformance difference??? None!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by Rcannon
Everyone had to have one for the performance benefits (at least that is what they said)

Performance benefits = marketing. :thumb: If it offers performance benefits, I gotta have it! Go with the porting.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…