Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
I came across a set of Eibach .45 springs with 2 hours on them that came out of a newer model XR 250. I know from previous posts XR 400 springs will work in '01 KDX 200 forks. How about these? Also, I weigh about 235 with all my gear and can scoot through the woods pretty quick, no big jumps though, too old, ;) . In the other posts I read .44 springs were suggested, so I'm thinking for me .45s should work. Any opinions? Thanks for your advice.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
IMO way too stiff for woods riding. I'd say you need 39's or 40's at the most. Fredette will tell you the same thing. The RaceTech calculator is way wrong for trail riding setups.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
If you use racetech's spring recommendation program (available on the web), you will get a list of specs that will include the size of the fork.

The '01 kdx has a 43mm kyb fork with a spring length of 470mm:

2001 Kawasaki KDX 200
Fork Brand / Diameter (mm) / Type (U-upside down, C-conventional) KYB 43C

The XR springs generally recommended run around 530mm. That's just about as long a spring as you can stick in the kdx fork.

Now, run the XR250 thru their generator (I'll guess on the 'newer' part..make it '00. Put in your own number if you like):

2000 Honda XR 250R
Fork Brand / Diameter (mm) / Type (U-upside down, C-conventional) KYB 41C

Ooops. Doesn't look to be a match!

So, as long as the diameter is corrrect.....you're good to go! In the above examples, that is not true.

**note** I input <xr250r>. There is an 'L', but I didn't bother with both...if you know them to be different AND know whether you're dealing with an 'r' or an 'l'...put your own numbers in.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
Thank you gentlemen! I didn't know Race Tech had such a device but I will surely check it out. (And don't start calling me Shirley! ;) ).

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There are other spring rate generators. Jeremy (as in wilkey of mx-tech) has one. I haven't used it, so don't know what info it provides.

It IS 'racetech.com' btw.

Their recommendations are commonly on the stiff side...must have mx on the brain.

Top Bottom