motoxaggie

Mar 5, 2004
Any here had 'scar tissue' removed from tendon or muscles? [This is after the original surgery putting me back together in December and PT countinuously after that date.]The doc says I am all healed but can't move my arm because of scar tissue in at least 2-3 areas. He wants to open me back up and remove the scar tissue and 'release' the elbow? Which means another hospital stay and 9 more weeks of recovery. Anyone have experiencewith any effective alternatives to surgery or is this routine nowdays? Right now I can't even touch my nose with my left hand....kinda a wierd thing to go to scratch your face and end up just staring at your hand about 6 inches from your face!!! :ugg:

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
I don't know of anyway to get rid of scar tissue without surgery. I've had three elbow surgeries and they are doing well. Maybe a second opinion and then get it done.

motoxaggie

Mar 5, 2004
What types of elbow surgery did yo have? Mine was the 'terrible triad' according to the doc...three different injuries..so all sides have scar tissue...and I am headed for a second opinion. Thanks for the heads up about your elbow success!

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
All three were for tennis elbow (lateral epicondle ??). One didn't hold so it was redone. I throw like a girl but ride without problems (at least elbow problems). I had carpel tunnel surgery Wednesday and am off the bike for a little bit anyway.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
I fractured my elbow joint 18 days ago & I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm paranoid as hell that I won't get 100% of my movement back. All I want is normal elbow strength and atleast 90% movement. The doc said I'll prob. get 95-100% back.

I just want some advice from you fella's. I fractured the very tip of my humerus (it's a small chip). If it matters, the injury was painless and it's my first broke bone. The ortho surgeon said that there would be no significant gain in doing surgery; and he expects me to get alot of movement in 2-3 weeks.

Any tips or advice---about anything?

motoxaggie

Mar 5, 2004
Elbow...

I will let you know if I find any 'pearls' of wisdom. So far I can say that if you can move your arm from day one or within the first few days you should be able to get most of the range of motion back. The problem as I understand it is keeping your elbow still for too long it locks up! Hope yours is doing well...good luck.

:)

Top Bottom