'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
My right elbow aches after I use it (eg, work-out/riding) and is a bit tender in one spot.

A cortizone shot helped alot initially but after 3 months the condition has gradually returned.

My ortho recommends surgery. He says that the tendon was probably pulled slightly away from the bone and scar tissue developed underneath so the tendon can't re-adhere fully.

He can move the tendon down slightly so it has a fresh spot to adhere to. He says that "usually" works.

Anyone else have this problem or had similar surgery?

Thanks, Mark

mph3782

May 8, 2002
Hey...I had elbow surgery on october 22, 2002...I broke my elbow trail racing a KTM 200 w/ my CR125...I was winning but my front end just washed out in a slick turn..Landed straight on my elbow..This happened on October 20..If you bend your elbow and feel the bone, thats where i broke it...I crashed so hard it split the whole bone..had to have 3 screws inserted...It sucked..I went in today (Jan. 21) and now im cleared for riding/and sports..however it still feels sore..
I would recommend having the surgery..I mean it really should stop the pain..and youd be better safe than sorry..The only bad thing about my surg. was that it left a nasty scar-4 inches : (
Nice talkin to ya..
Mike

'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
Thanks for the reply! I have my surgery on Friday. The doc said I won't be able to ride until April or May. I hope this works out for me.

mph3782

May 8, 2002
I wish you luck on your surgery....hope all goes well...It's better to have surgery in my opinion..I mean they put you out..So ya dont feel a thing..After surgery come back and tell us how it went...
Talk to ya later...Good Luck
Mike

'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
I had the surgery 2 weeks ago and it wasn't trivial. My forearm feels like it wants to fall off by the end of each day. The doctor told me that good tendon is silver and often the end (where it attaches) is a dull gray. He snips the gray off and then reconnects. He told me that is how mine looked and that he feels confident that the surgery will fix my problem.

Time will tell. I'll report back.

Top Bottom