Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
eclectic bikes? :whoa:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
I thought it was ugly too! Personally I think the average green commuter would like this a whole lot better:

http://vectrix.com/

(It actually has a sport model (looks like a cycle)... and... a 3 legged QUAD! Lol.)

http://vectrix.com/Portal/1/Language/47/Page/33/Future_Projects.aspx

(ARGH- I can't get the link to stay "live" with the photos! They are funny looking things!)

The scooter is already on the market.

Historically, most of the US electric bike companies fold during r & d, never get to market.

Last edited:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
if this is where we are headed, pretty lame! one day we will all be riding electric motorcycles?! :yikes:

You know, when I was a little girl we watched this cute cartoon called The Jetsons. Apollo hadn't yet landed a man on the moon, and the space race was in frenzy. They taught us in public school that by the year 2000 we would all be driving flying cars; None of us would have to work; Innovation and robots would complete our lives allowing us endless hours of recreation.

I'm quaking at the notion that this butt ugly cycle will ruin my life.

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
olderndirtmom said:
You know, when I was a little girl we watched this cute cartoon called The Jetsons. Apollo hadn't yet landed a man on the moon, and the space race was in frenzy. They taught us in public school that by the year 2000 we would all be driving flying cars; None of us would have to work; Innovation and robots would complete our lives allowing us endless hours of recreation . . .
dang, and I thought 89'er was old! ;)

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
XRpredator said:
erotic bikes

Now I'm the first person to admit that cycles have it going on ....But if that bike does it for you Pred....well....Maybe it isn't so much the bike that is "working it for you". ;)

Last edited:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
i dont get it though most motorcycles get amazing gas mileage as it is.

why make an electric one?

1.) Why make an IPOD when the MP3 exists?
2.) Why make an electric lawn mower, an electric chainsaw, an electric can opener?
3.) Why have electric windows in your car when you have levers/gear to open them?
4.) Why have an electric door bell when a dinging a bell is adequately loud?

~~~~~~

5.) So that urban smog sucking scums can redistribute their pollution to rural areas?
6.) Because there is some potential (in some people's minds) to develop clean renewable sources of electricity, freeing up those who like to burn gas to have a bigger piece of cake, as it were?
7.) Because some people like chocolate ice cream, and some people like strawberry ice cream. And, gasp, some people like both.
8.) Why not have both?

May 10, 2007
1) because the Ipod runs mp4's duh LOL and it holds way too many of em.
2) because people are too lazy to make premix and the chainsaw is lighter. the can opener peope are lazy :P
3)people are lazy
4)are you serious. a must be one loud bell to make it into my house so in that case its easier to push a buttom (laziness)

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
No matter what... If people start riding these electric dirtbikes.. i will ALWAYS have my KX250..

Ill be 50 years old... and people will be driving flying cars, and ill have my old KX250.. And show my kids what a 2-stroke gas engine is... Because the way things are going, it will all be electric or 4-stroke..

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
No matter what... If people start riding these electric dirtbikes..

Believe we were talking about commuter motorcycles.

The electric dirtbike is on a different thread.

Even the Vetrix three legged quad is an urban troglodyte transporter.

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
XRpredator said:
hmm . . . mine has mp3's on it.

you can run mp3's on em.

also if you just have an mp3 how are you gonna listen to it. you need a player.

also if you use itunes (not limewire or other illegal sites) until recently they were all m4p's

now they are protected acc's or purchased acc's (purchased ones have no DMR you can do what you want with it.

but thats off topic

you could put knobbies on the electric scooter though. or just ride it off road anywayz :laugh:

Top Bottom