Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Okie, I saw you mention you'll be bringing you're RV. Will you be using a generator, or will there be 30-amp hookup for a daily fee? I imagine many others will be bring RV's, (us included) and although most probably have generators, we'll be either using the hookups, or "boondocking." Thanks, and we can't wait for DW. Bring it on!!! :flame:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Down in the boondocks! Sorry Stan, no hookups.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Swift's post is a reference to the oldies tune "Down on the Boardwalk" for you wet behind the ear types. :)

I doubt any of us will need generators at night, should be in the 50's .

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
At least someone caught the reference.;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I just need my generator to brew up my morning java. Promised Big LOU a cup each and every morning and I don't want any of that Italian Whoop A$$ coming down on me so early in the morning. I'll shut her off after we're all coffee'd up.

B

biglou

Originally posted by Okie
Swift's post is a reference to the oldies tune "Down on the Boardwalk" for you wet behind the ear types. :)
As one of the reigning kings of useless knowledge, I must intervene here: There was a song from around the same time frame called "Out in the Boondocks" or something very similar. Dude sang about the rich girl's parents rejecting him because he was a poor boy from "out in the boondocks." "Lord have mercy on a boy from out in the boondocks..."

Oh, and it's "Under" the Boardwalk. (Under the boardwalk, People walking above. Under the boardwalk, Out of the sun. Under the boardwalk, we'll be having some fun. Under the boardwalk. Boardwalk. Boardwalk...)

Yes, I am one big doofus...

Last edited by a moderator:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by the Italian Stallion
As one of the reigning kings of useless knowledge, I must intervene here: There was a song from around the same time frame called "Out in the Boondocks" or something very similar. Dude sang about the rich girl's parents rejecting him because he was a poor boy from "out in the boondocks." "Lord have mercy on a boy from out in the boondocks..."

Yes, I am one big doofus...

Lou, it was "Down in the boondocks"

I won't debate your second point.... :p

B

biglou

Just a technical note here, I do 99% of this useless knowledge thing from memory. No consulting website archives or anything... I am a human video tape machine/tape recorder. Sometimes it can be a curse... :debil:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
"Lord have mercy on a boy from out in the boondocks..."

"I love her, she loves me, but I don't fit her society. Lord Have mercy on a boy living down in the boondocks."

Surprisingly enough, I know exactly what you're talking about. Three Dog Night, Bread, Hall and Oates, I'm down that,yo ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hall and Oates!:scream: Pass me the pepto I feel ill. :uh:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT

Ok,Ok... Let me rephrase that. I like cerrain selections from them. I was thinking more along the lines of " private eyes." :think:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
my prrriiivate eyes (clap clap) there watchin' you! :eek:

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! you can't be serious?!!! :flame:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BSWIFT

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...
"Down in the boondocks" was written by Joe South
Billy Joe Royal did a crappy remake of the tune.
:)

Stan knows the tune! ;)

Top Bottom