colonel22

Dec 11, 2009
Just bought a 2002 wr426 thats just had a full rebuild. Just wondering if there are any electric start conversion kits for them. Currently has a dirty plug or carby which is why I can't start it but just curious for future referance.

Cheers Colonel

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If you want an electric starter you need to buy a different bike.

Once you get the carb sorted and the jetting right it will be much easier to start. If you add in an exhaust cam with an auto-decompressor (Hot Cams makes a good one) it should be a 1-2 kick starter every time.

http://www.hotcamsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cProducts.view&productid=488

40351E_1158696151113.jpg

colonel22

Dec 11, 2009
Yeah turns out to be a dirty plug. Finally got the a knuckle socket attachment so I could get it out. Very dirty and fires first kick now. Old story of lack of patience and was getting over not being able to kick start it. Problem sorted but thanks for the info! Already has manual decompression.
Cheers Colonel

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
colonel22 said:
Yeah turns out to be a dirty plug. Finally got the a knuckle socket attachment so I could get it out. Very dirty and fires first kick now. Old story of lack of patience and was getting over not being able to kick start it. Problem sorted but thanks for the info! Already has manual decompression.
Cheers Colonel

not manual - auto decompression cam

Top Bottom