GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Im getting rid of my gasgas ec 200. I love the bike, but its a pain in the ass with parts and everything, but its a great bike.
Anyways, I might buy my brother's ktm 250exc. I was wondering if anyone has installed electric start on a bike similar to this. Like wehre would the battery go etc. Anyways, the only reason I want to go electric start is because I want to convert it to a snowbike for winter riding, and it would help alot if i had e-start.

OCCRA_Racer

Oct 29, 2002
GG218

Talk to me about parts availability. I'm seriously considering getting a leftover 03 or new 04 EC/DE. I know every bike has it's quirks, but how has your experience with GGs been? One of the big scares to me is GG resale value. I notice they go pretty cheap. I went thru this before on on older KTM and Husaberg. At least KTMs hold there value as good as jap bikes these days.

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
GasGas18,
You can't put an electric start on a 250exc 2-stroke. You may want to check out one of the KTM 4-strokes that already have the E-starters.

Mod Edit - This isn't the For Sale forum

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
I love my gasgas. Its such a sweet bike. handles great, rides good, its quick, low end as well, light etc. Anyways

I had to replace the gears .The dealer had trouble getting me parts. He dealt w/smackover, + theyre great guys, but didnt have all the parts, + had trouble as well. Well to make a long story shorter, the mechanic was sick for a few months. (supposedly) After a few months I got sick of waiting, and i found out, he wanted me to order parts!! (about 10 months laster find this out) so I started calling around myself, and finally I found this place called skunkwrx who had what I needed, after i called about 12-15 dealers in the country. It kind of sucks because the mechanic working on my bike sponsors my uncle for racing, so he is doing the labor for free, but is putting it aside to paying customers (mostly snowmobilers). Its pissing me off, because my bike has been in the shop for a frigen year!!!! Im tempted to just take it back and do it myself but i have no time, and hes already got it, so whats another week. Its ridculous though. Im going nuts, and it should have been gotten it back a few months later, not a year!
But you shouldnt have a problem. My uncle and his mechanic just screwed me over. Good luck!

Top Bottom