Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
OK, hooked up trailer lights on my F250 last night, went about 12 miles, and the ABS light kicked on, the "over drive" light on the shifter started to blink. When I came to a stop and took off again, the speedo wouldn't work till 25-30 mph, blinking overdrive light also quit blinking at about 50 mph! All wiring is correct, only questionable is a purple wire from the tail lights (backup light) that I tapped into for back up lights on the trailer. 7 pin RV style connector. Just got done driving 1000 miles (trailered the last 170)
with no electrical problems, only differance made was wiring last night, aarrgghhhh any ideas? :silly:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Zoomer you shouldn't of had to do any wire work unless the '02 don't have both plugs on the back and the control box under the hood? All that you should have needed was to plug a couple of fuses in to the power distribution box under the hood by the master cylinder and then plugged in the trailer or at most gotten an adapter. That's REALLY strange.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Patman,
Long story, Rv supply company I order from, said there was no "Plugin adaptor".
I got a flat 4 that I was suppose to plug into my existing flat 4 and there hard wire a white (ground), black (live power) which I can't find :think: , and purple(back up lights) and a green (electric brakes).
I'm going to disconnect the purple back ups, the wire comes form the tail light, and goes on and off with the reverse lights, but my trailer does't have backup lights, so I am going to just remove that wire to see if I inadvertantly tied in with the computer. Other wise it must just be a coinsedance that this started to happen after I wired the trailer plug.

Everything test ok, thats what ...issses me off. This truck was wired for a gooseneck, (found the cross brace under the bed and wires going up to a side box mount under the BED LINER!) Old trick, works for me, I might go to a 5th wheel toy trailer someday! I'm going to run over to a RV place at noon, and check to see if they have a plug in adaptor! :thumb:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey OldGuy or Patman, I need a fuse diagram for the power distribution box under the hood out of a f250, I did not get one with this truck. Could one of you copy off that page and e-mail/fax me it?
fax at work is 414.29.5214

Need to know which fuse is for the brakes and constant power supply to the trailer.
Thanks
Mike

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
All I have is a table in the Owners Manual no actual diagram. I have Ford Factory Service Manuals on CD at home that I'll check this evening but I'm pretty sure it's there. If so I'll PDF it and email ya'.

Top Bottom