Mxrracer973

Mar 4, 2002
Hey I have a 2000 cr 125 and my bike just wont start ,ive replaced the coil and kill switch has brand new top end one ride on it, fresh bottom end about 30 hours ago, and Im getting no spark at all when I try to start it up , Iv even tried putting metal to the spark plug and tried putting to the nut on the cylinder, and still no spark . even checked carb cleaned it out and inspected the reeds also a new spark plug so the only thing left with no spark brings it to be electrical right ? I really dont know if it could be my cdi box or my electrical in the left crankcase side , Now i did replace a crankseal on the ignition side and noticed behind the flywheel there was wires showing like something hit it and took some of the glue off and pulleda few copper wires out could that be it , but it was like that when i took it off and guessing they must have did it when they rebuilt but its ran fine since then , so any coments or opinions ??? Also if i replaced the the whole electrcal system in the left crankcase and cdi box what could be left in the electrical system to fix ? nothing i would think becuase brand new kill switch and coil am I forgetting anything ? Please respond back with comments and oppinons it would help greatly .

thanks Jason

Last edited:

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yes the stator coils by the flywheel are most likely failure -even before you mentioned the damage, which sounds like it. I am assuming you don’t own a multimeter & either way the best course of action is to remove the plate & send it to a rewinding shop to test it.
Look in the back of dirt mags to find one.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
You need a new stator or to ceck it you need an ohmeter to check continuity through the coil and also through the coils to ground, there must be continuity from one end of coil to the other and no continuity of coils to ground. If you can see ripped windings then you need a new source coil .

Top Bottom