Chicago
Thanks for playing postman for us '89r :thumb:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
One night I dreamed I was walking
Along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that
During the low periods of my life when I was

Suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me,
Lord, that if I followed You,
You would walk with me always.

But I noticed that during the most trying periods
Of my life there have only been
One set of prints in the sand.

Why, When I have needed You most,
You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."

He has you both now my friend, hang in there

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Such sad news. Deepest synpathy from myself & Tigger.
God bless you all

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Would it be OK if I send a few bugs? See, they are now homeless due to Elkarello Bunyan chopping down their home here is SC.

:eek: Dang Gomer. You should know better than to let him play with somthin' sharp. :scream:

Glad to hear you two got together.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Carlo,

I too am at a loss for words. I wish I could be there to tell you that it will get better.....but yah know I am here in Canada with the sasquatches....

If you need ANYTHING....just me to give you a holler and try and crack you up a little please let me know.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Carlo - I am so sorry. Gomer said it so well, even though its hard to comprehend... its not good bye - its see ya later. Your DRN family will be hear when you need us. We love you.
Godspeed Nan.

Chris and Jim

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Elk,

What can I say that the others haven't. You know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Originally posted by Tony Eeds

I sent an email last night to all the DRN members that I have email for stating this exact point. I agreee 1000%.

Tony,

I know I sometimes get email from you but I didn't receive one on this. If you get it nailed down, please send me the information.

Randy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Took me some time to read all the great words and thoughts from you guys. That's why I call you all my family cause of stuff like that. Sorry I haven't been able to stay in contact with you all like I had in the past. Work and family and shift times have nixed pretty much all of my time.

I talked to my sister on Tuesday before she passed. We cried together and she told me I had to hold strong until I got there on Friday. She was strong and humerous as usual and this time I wasn't. I had a feeling it was coming to an end. I told her I loved her and would see her in a few days. My plane was to leave on Friday morning and my mom was flying with me. I talked my mom out of leaving early and told her it would be fine, leave with me. We arrived in South Carolina on Friday night, just after midnight. I called my brother in law and talked to him about 1:30 while I was on the way to the hospital. I asked how she was and he told me we'd talk when I got there. We made it to the hospital just after 2 and he was sitting on the curb outside. I had the sick feeling in my stomach that we were too late and I was right. She passed away just about an hour before me got there.

I felt anger, guilt and sadness at the same time. Then I felt REAL bad when it hit me that I told my mom to wait for me to fly with her. I kept saying I was sorry to her about making her wait. She told me not to worry of course. We went inside to see her one last time, not sure if that was good or bad though. I said my goodbyes and I kissed her on her forehead and said I'd see her again someday.

It turns out that the only one there with her at her last breaths was her husband, holding her hand. It was how she wanted it, she didn't want me or my mom to see her go. So I guess it happened for a reason that we missed her. I didn't see it before but I do now.

I spent the next 5 days there with her husband, Richard, my brother in law. He showed me there dream house they had built and the land they bought. S. Carolina is beautiful country, and the ground seems good for traction too. He told me that I should keep a bike out there with him so I can ride when I visit, what a great idea. My sister had 3 days in her new home before she left, it was her dream to live there and not die in California. She lived her dream, but maybe not as long as she intended.

Thank you Gomer, Thump and Milk for talking to me on the phone and listening to my ramblings. Thanks to everyone else for the emails and kind words and thoughts here. My sister said that whe she was to go, that she didn't want flowers sent cause she'd rather have them when she was here. Obviusly it isn't necessary and Richard said so too, but if you feel the need to do something, donating in her name is perfect for her, it's what she wanted. We really don't need any more cards here, we are at peace with the loss and I have these words here to read as often as I like. Thank you anyway and thanks for seeing my sister through my eyes, a wonderful human being that cared for everyone else and would do anything for them. That's why I'm here, cause you are all the same too.;)

If we can learn one thing from this, it will make it all worth while. Stay in touch with your family and friends, sometimes they are all we have and they will be there in the end.

Love and Aloha
Carlo (Elk)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Ditto what Ivan said. I'm proud to call you my friend Carlo.
Peace.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I don't think I've ever read a post on these boards as emotional as the one above by Elk. :whiner: Rest in peace, Nan.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
It was how she wanted it, she didn't want me or my mom to see her go. So I guess it happened for a reason that we missed her. I didn't see it before but I do now.
Carlo, I have a feeling you are right.

Top Bottom