Elmer Symons family fund raising ride Jan. 21-22, N. Atlanta

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Elmer Symons family fund raising ride Jan. 21-22, North Atlanta, Georgia

We will be hosting a fund raising ride for the family of Elmer Symons in Dawsonville, Ga. this weekend, Jan 21 & 22.

The following is from my friend, Ralph Skalleburg. Ralph is a great guy with an incredible 200 acre private motorsports "playground" in the N.E. Atlanta metro area, just off GA. 400. Lots of challenging, tight, woods trails, along with double-track jeep trails. Bring the kids, if your willing to supervise them. Several good trials sections, also. You can even bring your jet-ski or slalom ski & boat, if you want! (Give Ralph a pass on his spelling, he's from Sweden.) We will have fun remembering Elmer.
Please see enclosed PDF file.

We are doing a fund-raiser for a fellow fallen rider. For you who did not know Elemer, check www.elmee.com

We will have an all week-end ride at the property this week-end. On 200 acres of land We have several miles of tight woods trails, we also have more open trails and we have a kids track – all located 1.5 miles from the North GA outlet mall. This is a one time event only and we would like to see as many people as possible. If you know anyone that should come, please forward this e-mail.

We will have several posts of different forums. Bring your own lunch of you are coming for the day.

All riders will be subject to signing a waver. Parents are responsible for minors. All equipment must be safe, with proper silencers and proper riding gear.

Time of event:

Saturday January 20: 10 am – 5 pm

Sunday January : 12 pm – 5 pm

Riders Fee (one time only for this fund-raiser) $75,-

Our goal is to bring in enough money to pay-off a mortage that Elemer and his brother took out to be able to do the Dakar. It is our hope to have a nice Dakar display available at the property. You have to come and see for yourself. We’re not telling.

If you need directions, please e-mail me and I will send you directions on a PDF.

Ralph Skalleberg
ralph.skalleberg@skaltek.com

I'll be happy to answer any questions, or email Ralph. All proceeds will go to the Sunday Social Club fund raising account set up to help the Symons family. If you are unable to attend, I encourage you to please make a PayPal donation at: http://www.sundaysocialclub.org/4436/index.html ; More information on Elmer, the SSC Club, and the Dakar Rally is avaliable there as well. Scott USA, one of Elmer's sponsors, is donating three different prizes to the top three individuals donors at this event. I'll post more later.

SPREAD THE WORD! And as Elmer said, "Keep It on One Wheel!" :cool: :ride: :nod:

Thanks, Ken Welty

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
We did this banner for Elmer at our district race last weekend.
Rolled it up before the start then had a minute of silence.

The banner will be give to his family.

Attachments

• elmerbanner1.jpg
    elmerbanner1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 364
  • elmerbanner2.jpg
    elmerbanner2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 346

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Patty Blais, Chris' wife and desert quad racer, posted that on ADVrider. It was awesome that you honored Elmer at the starting line , before the race, like that! I've heard that you folks have raised a bit of money for Elmer's family.
Elmer was an inspirational guy. Thanks for keep us updated.

And please thank Patty for doing such a great job keeping us all updated on Chris' amazing race. With the KTM factory 690's dropping like flies, Chris is in a great position to be able to win this thing on his 660!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Anybody looking in the North Georgia Area for an incredible place to ride in the woods, this is your opportunity! I'll be up there blowing off the 7.5 miles of trails for better visibility tomorrow. Any questions, send me a pm or check here - http://www.sundaysocialclub.org/4436/index.html , for a flyer & directions. We hope to see some of you!
Ken W.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Anybody coming? Let's ride!

Lots of give-aways, etc. I'll post more details on donated items this evening.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
thumbs said:
Kinda far for me .....lol
Hey Thumbs, your location says "where no 200 has gone before." We're there!! I'd like to see you tackle it as well. I'm pretty sure a trials rider could make it, though.

Top Bottom