a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well, I'll post this since MXdad probably went home and fell asleep after the ride we had. We gathered at Elsinore yesterday and here's the report.

Myself and Jr arived in fashion at 0800, no one else there yet (surprised, I don't think so). Tracks were really mushy so I sent Jr and his friend Gonzo, (yes, Gonzo is his real name) out to tear up the Vet track so we can warm up for the big track. MXdad, Thumbs and Bill Purcell showed up to honor Jr's B-day. This time, we were all on the same page, or the same track at the same time! Very rare but it did happen. We played on the Vet track, which it seemed that I got more lip from that track then my kids! Very nice, sent you up in the air jumps. We then headed over to the big track, dodging pro's riding AND teaching (Dad!).

MXdad nearly took out Ryno cause he was standing where dad wanted to land and turn! I think Ryno moved after that. Dad, Thumbs, Purcell and I tore up the big track, bumping bars and eating clods for the rest of the day. It was a good day because when Dad was in front of me, I couldn't pass him and when I got in front of him, he couldn't pass me! Purcell on the other hand passed me just prior to the large step up in the back, I had to let him cause he would have just done it somewhere else! (I want to choose the spot where he passes, makes me fel better!) Thumbs stayed right along with us and we all did about 3-4 laps at a time and pulled off for some water.

All in all, it was a great ride, thanks for everyone that showed and sorry I missed Bundy. I wanted a chance to chase him around the track!

Jr didn't mention the idea of getting a four stroke that day so I let him sleep inside last night. Dad was the odd ball that day (no that's any different from any other day) with the only 4 thumper in our group.

We'll get together again for another ride soon, take care and please don't let your kids grow up to be 4 strokers!

Elk

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Another fun one at Elsinore. Nice and cool weather, too! Of course now thiat it's not 105 out, Elk shows up in a vehicle WITH air conditioning!

Elk, Thumbs, Bill and I had some great motos, but we just can't hang with Bill anymore.

Yes, I did have to carry the darkside burden by myself - Lord Bundy appeared momentarily, but had work commitments that kept him off the track. Funny thing how those smack-talking 2-smokers sure complain alot about the four stroke roost though!

Until next time.......

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
elk.

Sounds like another day in paradise. I didn't get back from Orange Co. til about 2:00 PM. Figured you guys were packing it in by then. Sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate JR's birthday and help sway him to the Dark Side.

Hope to be there next time.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
please don't let your kids grow up to be 4 strokers!

cuz they never come home--------------------------(having too much fun riding)
they're always alone---------------------------------(way out front)
and they're never with the one's that they like--(we need more four stroke riders)

:confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The only time they are alone is when they come onto the track after everyone has passed!

And Dad, I have to agree with your statement about the roost, it's kinda like following a tractor. I thought they were resurfacing the track but then I saw your # plate! Actually, the only time the roost problem applies is when you cut onto the track right in front of me.

Holeshot, please, Dad and 89'er don't need any help with the dark side thing! Next track ride we are going to have it out. The 2 strokers vs. the 4 chokers! Myself, thumbs and Bill will challenge Dad, Bundy(I'm gonna regret that one), 89'er and holeshot. we'll work out the particulars later. The losers wil have to wash the winners bike AND take pictures on them!
Elk!

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Missed yet another great day at the track with the guys :(

Hopefully in the very near future we can all meet, and have a mini DRN So Cal MX day ! The highlight of the activities will be the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke challenge....Oughta be fun ! I betting on the Dark Side :p

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Another great day of playing hooky. The best part was when this yo-yo on a RM tried to pass be going down the back stretch of the vet track. Just as I'm hitting the face of the first table top I catch a glimpse of his front tire.......time to gas it. By the time I hit the next table top the yo-yo on the RM has managed to gain some ground and we are now side by side in the air with about two feet of distance between our bars. As soon as the rubber hits the dirt we are both hard on the breaks for the immediate left turn that follows. The RM sneaks into the corner before I and sweeps through it nicley leaving me in the dust. Then I notice ............DAMN, it was ELK!

Any hoot I was the last one to leave as usual. It was about 3:30 when I just finished loading and guess who arrives.......Darth Bundy! By this time I'm too worn-out to ride anymore and Bundy has no interest in riding solo. We decide to take in some of Lake Elsinore's finest authentic Mexican food......Del Taco.

Top Bottom