elsinore, (7-19) this friday afternoon

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Bruce,

Can't make it Friday, but was wondering if you're gonna ride this weekend ? Looks like I'll ride close to home this weekend, but I still want to head down in your direction sometime soon to try some of the "southern" tracks, i.e. Comp., or El Snore. Haven't been to Glen Helen for sometime so maybe that's an option.

Also, how was Comp. last weekend ? Is the track shaping up ?

Have fun, be safe !

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
JP: for you, anytime! :eek:

i am good to go anytime after lunch, it takes me about 1 hr to get there, but i dont want to leave SD too late since the I-15 north gets very cheesy on friday afternoons. let me know and we can meet up, it will be nice to have someone to ride with (i have been jonny no mates these last few weeks!)

MXdude: I think you read my mind! :confused: There is a good chance Julia (mrs. bruce) will be visiting a girlfriend in orange county this weekend. if this works out, it may be a weekend of motocross extravaganza for Mr. Bruce. All i need to do this weekend is get an oil change on the truck saqt morning.

If you want me to make the trip up north, its no problem....Let me know if you have any track ideas, if you know of anyware that has an extra slower track or that doenst get too wild or busy with the fast guys then i would love to come.

As for comp, it is really shaping up. they just need those little "touches" to make it complete, such as track signs and barriers etc. In the end, I went on sunday evening, got there around 6pm and it was still around 100F, but it soon cooled of nicely and i rode the 1st night track under the floodlights until 9:30pm! Its a really good track. The big MXDN track is also very nice, the only critisms i have are the 2nd night and the vet (both floodlit) tracks. i still think they would be better off making one big track from the two, sice they are too tight and narrow, and with stock gearing its very hard to get out of second (i see a new chain and sprocket in my near future!).

let me know what you are doing guys, and if need be you can call my cell nearer the time......858 775 2231

later

bc

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
BC, sorry to butt in with a question here, but I'm curious about comp park. Are their lighted night tracks suitable for a beginner MX rider like me? I too shy away from the crowded/fast tracks with big jumps. I need a place to practice and night riding may be more compatible with my family/work schedule. Thanks.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
EM, dont worry about butting in lad! I am in the same boat as you since i have only been riding (if that is what you can call it!) for a few months, and i also tend away from the crowded faster tracks. Comp is an excellent place for you to try. My main motivation is that it doenst get to crowded during the weekend and its a lot of fun. they have a nice atmosphere there and even offer a free BBQ on saturday afternoon (i havent tried that one yet!).

even when its busy, the tracks never get crowded since there are so many, but my own little gripe is that one big (and its big), one medium and one small track would be a better format than the one big and three small formats they currently have (but that is just my opinion:))

Give it a try, you wont be dissapointed!! The owner (JIM) posts a ot on proride.com and is very ameanable to feedback from his punters.

hell, if you go, look him up and tell him to let me in for free next time for all of the advertising i have done :)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
about 1.30 or thereafter would be better...i could make it for 1pm, but that would mean laoding up the bike before work and leaving my prized possesion in the car lot

either way i will see you not long after 1pm, hopefully there maybe some space near the 80+vet tracks, if not we will hvae to find one another, will you be in the black F150?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Tomorrow happens to be my "off" Friday, so I guess I should use it for riding. I'll be at Elsinore earlier in the morning and will park near the vet track.

Top Bottom