Emergency Chamber Cap(CARB) Gasket !

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
Good morning everyone.I just finished a new top end on the 220 and as I am assembling the carb,I notice part # 11009A -Chamber Cap Gasket is gone or never was there(bought it used).I assumed it was built into the cap.I searced this whole forum-zilch on this specific gasket.Can somebody describe this gasket's properties? Since the bike shops are closed today;is there something I could get at home depot or autozone to do the job? I don't want to use silicone because it might get sucked into the carb and it's messy.I want to break her in today so guys what would you do? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

shr

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2002
Try an "O-ring" with about a .060" cross section and a diameter that fits well in the cap without falling out.

You should be able to find one at an auto pasts store, just make sure it's gas resistant.

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
Thanks shr.You know,come to think of it,the old O Rings from my tail pipe look around the same size.

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
Does anyone know what the chamber cap gasket looks like? How thick is it? Is it hard or flexable? Please.

shr

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2002
It is a dense rubber type and it is a black flat disk that is about 1mm thick. It is a hard type of rubber material.

This gasket is not available, you will need to get one out of an old cap. Or buy a new cap.

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
shr,I have it then.Its built into the cap.Since I bought the bike used I thought it must be missing since no soft rubber gasket was in there.I Thank You.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
It looks like the gasket found on a automotive oil filter but smaller. My local auto supply store sells it by the foot. When cut and installed correctly, it will squish enough that you don't have to worry about glueing it into a loop.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
This gasket is not available, you will need to get one out of an old cap. Or buy a new cap.

Apparently Bikebandit.com has one 11009A: GASKET,CHAMBER CAP 535743-001 $6.20

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…