DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Watched JEFF EMIG ride the new KX 250F thumper over the weekend (KAW Race of Champions)and it definitely looked strong . It sounded like it was bouncing off the rev limiter alot but he was really moving. :aj:

ob1

Sep 30, 2003
He even races at loretta lynns. I doubt that he's trying to make a 'comeback' on the national scene.
Although he's way fast, he's not really any faster than the local pro's I see racing here in NC, (Kevin Walker, Jim Neese etc).

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
He sure was booking it at ETOWN though . One moto he fell in the first turn got up last and came to the front. For a few laps the bike sounded like it was popping alot more like maybe the air filter got gas soaked or the plug got wet or something like that but a few laps later it sounded better. No doubt there was alot of other fast guys there also.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Dean how loud was that PC slip-on of Emigs?? also any idea if they were runing the std gearing???

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
In order for him to "make a comeback", he would have to reimburse his insurance company (in the neighborhood of $1 million). He can race on the amateur level, but he suffered a "career ending" crash so can't race on the Pro level.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Steve I dont know if it was a PC . It seemed all the Kaw 250Fs seemed a little louder or deeper. There was a good handfull there.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Have you noticed the AMOUNT of air that comes out of the thumpers exhaust? I have a 900 Ninja and it doesn't seem to blow that much air out. Granted, its exhaust is a little more 'choked up' but still!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Local fella was running a KXF last weekend at Ace, sounded and looked very strong. We all know Kawi can make a moto chassis.....but is it really the DRZ motor? .....

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
get the latest dirtrider mag and read all about it :p

The motor is an all new build and design - not DRZ, but definitely developed by Suzuki.

bagolies

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I also saw Emig at Englishtown last weekend, He was definitley the fastest guy on the track. To me it seemed like he was overreving the four stroke. I thought he looked more impressive on the two stroke. I give him credit, either way he would leave me in the dust.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Bagolies dont you think that this year was a bit uneventful < sure there were some fast guys there but I know alot of city people drove down to see Stewart ride but were disappointed. Also some folks thought that Hannah was going to be there for the Legends Race, (which was really great by the way) Kudos to Debbie Kessler for putting it all together, it was also Mickeys 50th birthday, for 50 years old that guy can sure haul ass. Most of the younger racers dont know much of the older guys but like Semics, Pomeroy Jojo Keller and more were there tearing it up. To me it just didnt seem as extravagant as in eralier years where youd see all the Factory KAW guys all there like Ward, Hughes ,LaRocco Kiedrowski and stuff . It was sure good to see EMIG there though esp after some of the bad luck and or tough breaks hes had.

bagolies

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
Yea I agree, I was looking foward to see what Stewart could do on that track. Kawasaki probably doesn't want to take a chance of him getting injured and missing a race that counts. I did catch him coming out of the tower and got to shake his hand. hopefully some of his speed rubbed off on me.

George S.

Jul 2, 2002
I saw Stewart at Englishtown a couple years ago, just before he turned pro and it was really amazing how fast he was. Although I would have liked to see him ride this year, it was interesting enough to hear him say he will be back in the 125cc class next year and on the 4-stroke outdoors. Maybe even SX if they can get the bike ready.

MXboy00

Jul 3, 2003
Yea, I saw him a few years back at the Kaw. Race of Champions. He was still racing the 85's. He checked out by the mid-way point of the first lap by atleast a 10 second lead. I didn't get to go to the Race of Champions to watch this year though. I was faced with a decision. (Go and watch the races, or go to Jackfrost, PA and actually ride.) I'll take track time over watching any day... :)

Top Bottom