This thing ROCKS! What a nice set up.
One word. ... SOLID
Thanks Paige
109216391TwnzkP_fs.jpg

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Dave - Webshots denies the request when attempting to reference a Webshots hosted picture from another site.

You have to copy the Webshots URL of the picture you want to reference. This URL does not contain the picture file name. Also, make sure that you are logged out of Webshots when you do this. The picture page URL is different viewing it under the "community.webshots.com/user/...." page compared to the page when you are logged in.

I learned this after banging my head against the wall a few times. On the first outside picture reference to Webshots, it works, then the denial begins.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Whyzee
Bill, you don't see a big ass picture in my above post?
Dave, I don't see nothin' but a little box filled with a little red X

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Maybe it's the skin, I see a huge pic of the top clamp and BB's in the orig post.
I'm using ekko expanded. and just viewed it with Bright and Yamaha. not sure what's up

anyway here is a link to the same picture:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/105042525/109216391TwnzkP
The whole system is very nice. I put an Emig clamp on my son's 85 a while ago and am very pleased, and not being able to transfer the 00 clamp to the 04, this was my first choice.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Or you could FTP (upload) the picture file to your ISP's server if they give you some hard drive space. Most ISPs offers this, but not all. Then you can use the IMG tag to display pictures inline. More of a hassle compared to Webshots, but you do get to display them in your posts.

Or, just attach it to the post. Most times you have to resize them dimensionally and for file size, but Microsoft offers a free set of utilities called TweakUI. In it is a tool called Resizer. Takes about 8 seconds to get any size picture ready for a DRN post attachment.

EDIT: I switched to Ekko Expanded, and still could not see it. You probably were able to see if because Webshots had not started denying the referenced link. I thought I was going nuts at first, but finally pinned Webshots down, and they admitted that this is what they do. Cuts down on the load to their servers.

BTW, that is a sweet setup. What are you going with for brush guards? Once you get into slicing and threading through the trees, you're going to love it!

Last edited:

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I copied the link from the properties of the redx and after looking came back here and now it shows up???????
BTW that is a big ass picture, had to scroll left/right to view the replies

Top Bottom