Enclosed trailers: how much and where to buy

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
OK , I just got a new Toyota Tundra Xcab with the 4.7L V-8 and am now in the market for an enclosed trailer. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area and want to know what brand to look for, what is a good price, and who to buy from. I was thinking of a 6x12 or larger, single axle trailer. Comments, opinions, suggestions?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I suggest double axle, with the largest diameter wheels and tires available (stability). This trailer will also serve as a utility trailer so a high GVWR is important. Make sure that the ceiling is high enough that you don't bonk your head.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
One of the least expensive places I have found is on I-35 north of Denton, on the way to Gainesville. Don't know the name or number off hand but they had a 7*14 for about 2k. The place is on the right kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

Mike

steezy242

Dec 28, 2001
I bought mine from tim's r.v. in montana. They sell trailers at just above cost. go online type in trailers they should come up. Get at least a sixteen footer so you don't grow out of it in a year. The stock options on the haulmarks are pretty nice, I added light package and elecrtic heater and r.v. plug so you can hook up to a generater or plug in at the track. I paid 2000 less than anyone around my house even with the 400 for shipping. Things that you might want to add are a/c and water tankfor pressure washer hook up. options are pretty reasonable. goodluck

Buddy

Aug 14, 2001
RAMP TRAILER, WORTH IT?

I'm looking to buy my first trailer also. Those ramp/toy haulers trailer look mighty inviting.But are they worth it. I'm hauling 3 to 5 bikes when I bring the kids. Thinking we would all have a place to hang out - maybe more time out there riding too. I tow with a GMC Sierra 1500 HD 6.0 liter
Can I get by with a 20ft Toy Hauler? Or will I regret towing that big load around?Lots of hills in Northern California.
Thanks..Buddy
:silly:

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I am considering a 22 foot toy hauler made by KZ. Its max weight is 7000 pounds fully loaded. My Toyota Tundra with a 4.7 liter V-8 is rated for 7200 pounds so your GMC 6 liter should have no problem.

rjl40

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 5, 2001
Enclosed trailers

I have owned a 6x12 Pace trailer. It was nice for 2 bikes, but......
as was stated in an earlier post, you don't want to run out of room.
Currently, I am looking at an option package offered by Haulmark. The package is new, and is called Escape. It is living quarters made into the front wall of the trailer, bunks that fold down from each side wall, if the bikes are out. I am told this can be incorporated into any 7' or 8' wide unit. I suppose if you get a long enough trailer, you could still have the bikes inside with the beds down. An 8x16 with the package was estimated at $9,400.00 with a/c, hot water, shower, microwave, sink, cabinets, tinted windows, and 2 beds w/ a camper style collapsible table. Pretty nice looking on the brochure.
Since then I also got a very similar product offering from Forest River Trailers.
They estimated a 7 x 18 for $10,000. and a 7x20 for $10,200.
As I said, I am looking for a trailer too, so if anyone does see anything similar to what I am saying, please let me know. Thanks
poor old robert
[email protected]

Top Bottom