truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
My Grandmother passed away on Tuesday. Today was the funeral. There were many people who spoke.

Now before I go further, I understand you guys will like to post about the loss but that is not why I'm posting so even though I appreciate the sentiment please just say a silent prayer and be thankful for what you have. I am fine with the loss and am glad she is now holding my Grandfather's hand once again.

Anyway, one thing stood out at the funeral... everyone who spoke talked about how much encouragement my Grandmother gave people. She would always tell people that if you believe it is right in your heart than do it no matter what other people think. Even if she didn't agree with the decision if you could look her in the eye and say "I believe I did the right thing" then she supported you 100%. Whether you were a missionary a thousand miles away and she was sending letters out or you were a new mother and she was baking a cake or if you just needed to be reminded of how important you are to others... she was always there to encourage.

I want to pass along my encouragement to my DRN family. There are a lot of you out there who have met me and have stayed in touch with me via e-mail. You know I can be off-the-wall sometimes, stubborn other times, a pain in the ass most of the time and always have a smart comment the rest of the time :) However, I want all of you to be encouraged to do what you feel is right in your heart. Go chase your dreams and be there for your family and friends. They are the most important in your life, even when you don't realize they are being helpful they are.

Yes, I'm probably a little sentimental b/c I was close to my Grandmother (I have a picture of her up at work and talked to her at least once a month) but I'm glad for it. I'm glad that the emotion I have right now is allowing me to post what I probably would not post on any other day.

Please enjoy life. Grasp it by its tail and hang on. When you do not feel that you are encouraged to go a particular direction take that opportunity to find someone who needs encouragement and provide it... you will find that your encouragement will come to you sooner than you expected after that.

Thanks for everything guys and I look forward to riding with everyone.

Ivan

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:( :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Ivan: Well said. Your grandmother lives in those she touched. That is the eternity that so many hunt for.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Obviuosly your Grandmother has inspired you to have the courage to encourage! What a great legacy. A part of her lives on in you. I'm sure she is very proud right now! :thumb:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks for the reminder Ivan.

Top Bottom