Apr 30, 2007
Weeeeeeellll...I'm still alive (and way too far behind on race reports...) and so is the little CR.

We made it to every single race that DMC Motorsports held despite hellish heat and high water (as you will read when I get caught up).

The last race was held on Sunday, and despite a little mud early on, we went out in good style by taking a first place!

Yes, there were other riders :nener:

Although I have the highest number for season points, it looks like I'll have second according to the organizers' methods of sorting things out. It's slightly disappointing, but I feel great about my season. I have never learned so much in my entire life as I did this summer, and I can't wait for the next one! :)

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Hmmm, the season in Minnesota is just ending while my riding season is just beginning. Been too hot to ride the desert, been waiting for the fall!

Congrats on your success! I keep looking for the race reports. High water?

Rod

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Good job and keep on learning and having fun. I feel the same way you do about what I've gained so far this year. But you RACE MX and I'm still afraid to get off the peewee track. Congratulations again.

Apr 30, 2007
rmc_olderthandirt said:
Hmmm, the season in Minnesota is just ending while my riding season is just beginning. Been too hot to ride the desert, been waiting for the fall!

Congrats on your success! I keep looking for the race reports. High water?

Rod

Just beginning?! Can you adopt me?!!! I don't eat much and I'm small and don't take up much space!

High water as in...well...there was a lot of water standing on the track one race, and another it literally rained all day during the races. I promise they're coming - slower because of 16 credits, 15 hour/week part time jobs, and working 6pm to 2am during the sugarbeet harvest. (starting oct 1st).

Apr 30, 2007
I'll have to write sugarbeet stories too, as rotobeeting is not quite so boring as it may sound. I've slayed several families of skunks, pulled guys out of deep mud, listened to oldertimers playing games over the two-way, and just in general learned that I can sleep with my body in any position, without knowing that I'm even asleep!

For now, I've started a little chunk of the next race...This one holds some interesting twists and turns that really put a goofy spin on things for the rest of the races to come.

Yup, no sleep. I've gotten a total of 4 hours this weekend, and only a little more than that during this week. Good news is that the bulk of the harvest is mostly over, and I might return to my semi-normal schedule fairly soon!

Anyways. The one big thing I've learned these past two sleepless weeks, is that I'm not 'small' anymore; I'm fun size! :)

Top Bottom