Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
Does anyone use endurance supplements during training or racing?
I 've been looking at some products from cytosport but I 've never used any kind of this products (creatine, proteins etc).

Is there something I should give it a try?
What do you guys use

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Water, water, and more water for 2-3 days before an event. One of those huge insulated coffee mugs (w/ water) goes everywhere with me.

krankenstein

Apr 12, 2008
extenze..... it works

no for real though Just drink a lot of water and make sure to get good meal in prior to riding. Most supplements you will find are for building muscle such as creating and protein (I use to bodybuild). These supplements will not help with endurance. If you do find endurance supplements (usually for sports like distance running) they contain lots of sugar, other carbs, and lots of stimulants. You could get a much healthier and longer lasting energy from eating a healthy meal with good carbs (whole wheat bread, oatmeal, ect).

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Water for a week leading up to a race, E-load the night before, morning of and during the race. I also pop a few zone caps when I stop for gas. Works GREAT!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Whatever you do, do NOT try something for the first time just before you start the race.

I used to play hockey on an adult league. It came down to the playoffs and I had three games essentially back to back. I decided that one of those energy drinks was what I would need to keep me going.

I ended up with such bad stomach cramps that I could hardly skate.

If you want to try something other than water, try it during training.

Rod

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Cytomax performance drink. I think is one of the best endurance drinks on the market. It has what you need and not a lot of sugars that you don't need. Bicyclist and long distance runners turned us onto it. It does help. I buy the powder and mix with water. You should try and find some samples or someone that you know using it before you buy a large amount because some of the flavor's are not very good. I buy cool citrus. The hammer-gel works well in preventing cramps and boosting energy. Like rmc_olderthandirt said "Whatever you do, do NOT try something for the first time just before you start the race".

darylZero

Feb 22, 2007
Top Bottom