Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I recently bought a bunch of moto DVD's (enduro and pitbike). One of those was the Enduro at Erzberg. For those who are not familar with Erzberg, it is a huge mining area in Austria which makes for a very difficult enduro.

I thought that I would share my review with you in case you planned to buy this DVD. When I ordered it, I was looking forward to some great racing coverage of this enduro. Instead, the video is more of a "documentary" which has too many face-to-face interviews. I would estimate that about 80% of the video is just talking to riders like Travis Pastrana. There was only minor race coverage (i.e., the other 20%). The coverage that was shown was basically the interviewed riders and a couple top riders like David Knight. Overall, I was disappointed because with all of the cameras available (helicopter and tons of ground photographers) you would think that more race footage would be shown. For those buying this video, just be prepared that it does not have tons of race coverage.

I also emailed the maker of this DVD (Bang Productions). I asked them if they would release a second version focusing on just the race footage. I got no replys from them... not even a "generic" thank you for buying their video. Needless to say, I'm not to happy with this company. :|

Last edited:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I have the DVD as well, and could not disagree with you more....I think it is excellent. When I bought the DVD my expectations were likely different from yours. I wasn't so much looking for race coverage like and SX race, I was looking for an overview and background of what this enduro is all about. I have seen many enduro videos and attempts to provide "race coverage" and can't say that anyone has done a great job in this regard....likely a result of the nature of enduros...even with lots of cameras.

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
Since my original post, I have watched this video several more times. Maybe I was a little harsh in my first post... it is an entertaining video and it makes you appreciate the hard work that all of the riders did. I still stand by some of my comments like too many interviews. This occurs mainly in the first half through the prologues. Once the enduro 1 and 2 races get underway, the coverage gets much better.

Anyways, I hope that my original post did not discourage too many people from buying it. Overall, I think you will enjoy this video. Just be prepared that it provides coverage that is "different" from the other producers... which is not a bad thing. :cool:

Top Bottom