Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Looks as though the BJEC has managed to get permission to have an enduro on March 7th at the famous zinc ranch. I've heard many things about this place and am planning on riding this one for sure. Who knows how long it may be before this opportunity becomes available again?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'll put it on my schedule as well. I've heard way to many stories about the place.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Wow! I thought the John Zink Ranch was done with motorcycle races after the '94 Six days was held there. It is a very rocky place and there have certainly been a lot of ass kicker enduros held there. Glad to hear it's back!

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I rode an Enduro there bout 25 years ago (wow was it THAT long ago?) :whiner:

It is a beautiful place, is this the place that had 'Rosie's Rock Garden'?

I remember some Guy walking around the Pits on the morning of the race carrying a chain saw, looking for someone with an early number, to clear the trail. :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds like you've been there! I live about 30 mins away from there. Hope to be employed by then so I can ride.

bhiner

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2002
My dad raced there back in the early 70's. He said it was the meanest, most sadistic race he ever rode :p .
However it was also the one he talked about the most, he broke his ankle and still finished with a second place :aj: .

Top Bottom