Enduro Eng Handguards and deflectors

slh7d

Sep 6, 2005
So, looks like I have to drill (with the included drill bit) into my hand guards to mount the deflectors.

Anyone just glue the plastic deflectors to the handguards?

B

biglou

That would be a bad idea, IMO. I can't think of any kind of readily available glue for dissimalar materials like alum and plastic that would hold up to impacts that hand guards see. Hold them tight on the aluminum, mark the holes with a sharpie, then tap the marks with a center punch to keep the bit from wandering, drill'em through and mount them up.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
You can zip tye those on also. Just a couple holes in the plastic deflectors. The zip tyes hold it tight too. You wouldn't even have to remove the handguards. Easy on & off.

slh7d

Sep 6, 2005
I like this idea. I'll give it a shot. I love zip ties!

COLEMANAPP said:
You can zip tye those on also. Just a couple holes in the plastic deflectors. The zip tyes hold it tight too. You wouldn't even have to remove the handguards. Easy on & off.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Zip ties might even work better. After just a couple good tree whacks and a few crashes on the side the washers will bust right through the plastic (esp on the outside). You can shove them back through but next crash expect them to be shoved through again. Mine are like that permanently :)

Top Bottom