• Time Keeper (Original Enduro Format)

Votes: 85 70.8%
  • Start Control (AKA re-start)

Votes: 35 29.2%

• Total voters

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Freewoco, why would you think that the fastest rider should win? That is not what an enduro is, a point I made earlier in the discussion.

And it ain't cheating. It is using your head and perhaps your experience. If a club is going to do something stupid, then a good enduro rider will be RIGHT THERE to take advantage of it.

DL; If I had been there (was I?) I would have been one of the guys with my helmet off. :nener:

That is what makes it an enduro, the competitors are in a contest with:

A: The terrain.

2: Your fellow competitors.

C: The promotor.

The terrain is non negotiable, but the last two are fair game.

I did a little dissertation a few years ago on "Extreme Timekeeping". Steven Reed won a National using these techniques. I couldn't have been more proud!!

Oh well, everyone knows how this old fart feels about it . . . . once all of us old timers dies off (it won't be long now) the debate might not be so rigorous.

JK

Originally Posted by freewoco
This is the only way to make the fastest rider win. Timekeeping has too many ways to cheat.

D Lafleur said:
You obviously are speaking of events that I had nothing to do with. :)

We have put on both formats, and I have burnt the fastest and slowest of riders, however I have never rewarded anyone for going into a section early.

I have been to events, where taking the chance paid off. I fell victim to loosing lots of overall points one day at one of these events. It was frustrating to have run 3+ miles into a 24 mph tight section to find half of the participants hiding behind a hill with thier helmets off. They all got rewarded for taking the chance.

I have since used the "Vote with your wallet" method for that particular event.

Last edited:

BobLHead

Jul 5, 2012
EnduroRdr said:
Which enduro format do you prefer?

Start Control (AKA Restart) or Time Keeper (Original Format).
I like the restart only because this is my first year riding enduro's and it is easier to focus on the riding aspect. Timekeeping is cool, rode my first one at KBE, definately a different monster. It adds a new dimension to racing. I hope to get better at timekeeping so the enjoyment of riding enduro's doesn't get diminished because of stupid mistakes. Ultimately, as long as I'm on 2 wheels its alright.

Top Bottom