craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
LOL, got lucky! Made it first try.
I'll e-mail you some videos she took while she was taking the pics...

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Enduro? Where's the trees and mud? ;)

You trade those in for dust, sand and thorns when you hit the West Texas races!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Enduro? Where's the trees and mud?

About 300 miles to the east!

Craig

You didn't stop! I tried to flag you down on the day one. I didn't ride the second day as I knew it was going to be rough and cold that night. You should realy put some grease on your bearings as you bike was squaking as you went buy :)

If you like deep sand and whoops this was your race. I was on row 82 on the first day and it was pretty chewed up by the time I got to it!

Last edited:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I missed you, Dan. I was on row 16 Saturday and row 81 Sunday. They had quite a turnout for the event. Hope it becomes tradition.
Sunday was by far a better riding day. Started cold, but I was never too cold. The sand whoops were pretty impressive by late Sunday! Kept the cold at bay! I just had a blast both days.
I'm already looking forward to the Renegade. :)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
That looks like fun. One of these days I am going to make it to one of these with you!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Rumor has it the Lone Star will be a 2 day event this year and the last one on this land as we are doomed to leave our land shortly after this race :whiner:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Wow! :(
In my recent memory we've lost the Jimmy Jack, the Cottonboll, and now the Lone Star. All are/were great, FUN places to ride.
http://craigl.tripod.com/Kalgary/index.html
http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/tscec/98jj?&page=1

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Looks fun. One of these days I'll post some pics of our enduro events out here.

Where is Matador, Tx?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by yater
Hey Dan and Craig--Do either of you ride regularly in that area or New Mexico?
I just do the races. Dan lives closer to the area. I've never riden NM, there are a couple of races there I'd like to make.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by kelsorat
Looks fun. One of these days I'll post some pics of our enduro events out here.

Where is Matador, Tx?

It's east of Lubbock, +/- 60 miles...
I like the Texas panhandle terrain. Make sure you 'slime' the tires!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
We need to get together and ride the mile high enduro in Cloudcroft - it's alot of fun. In addition, riding near white sands is great- JMD,his son and myself try and go every spring.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Hey Dan and Craig--Do either of you ride regularly in that area or New Mexico?

I live in Lubbock. Don't make it to New Mexico much, but made my first trip to Tres Ritos last summer and looking forward to Cloud Croft and maybe Tres Ritos come summer.

Craig,

Those pics you posted remind me of a good day at the lease. The traction rocks out there when is wet like that. All those pics were taken in a relitively small area. The good stuff is all near the ridges in the background. Lots of elevation changes, rocks, hardpack, and sand.

The Lubbock Trail Riders is still a club :thumb: We just don't have land to ride on after June 1 at this moment. We are exploring different options and searching for land. Anyone know of any good size ranches in the area? :) We currently have a couple of leads on some new stuff and are in the process of evaluation and location of other lands. Maybe the new stuff will be better? More than likely the race will just be in a different place! Both of the place we are researching are about 1/2 the size of our current lease.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
TMTC is looking for another property and has money set aside to purchase. Find a good ranch around the edges of the caprock and let them know about it.

nitropimp

Nov 29, 2003
Danman, noticed you live in Lubbock, I grew up in Coahoma, 10 miles east of Big Spring. Used to ride in Post a bunch, are they still having events there?

Top Bottom