KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
Only a few more weeks until the new enduro season. I'm heading to Arizona, then California for the first 2 rounds of the National Enduro series. I'm not fast or in contention for anything its just a mini-adventure I try to do every year with my brother.

Attempted the Quicksilver the last 2 years but hope to finish this year. Never ridden the Arizona event. One of the guys in my club rode it a couple years ago. Sounded like a good event but the club had some timekeeping difficulties.

I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't ridden an enduro since August.

Time to fire up the Pacemaker, install fresh batteries, see if I can find my route chart holder, read the owners manual for the Pacemaker, install my time card holder on the front fender, see if I can find my route chart holder, etc.

Saturday is the drawing date for both races, so next week I hope to get starting times. Then I'll need numbers.

Let's see only 25 more days. Wow I better get busy!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Yes, its almost time! Our first race of the season is the 2nd of Feb., can't wait.
Speaking of Pacemakers, I need to get a new lead to the front tire :eek: geuss I better get going.

Good Luck this season!! :thumb:

rda

Jun 20, 2000
good luck, a freind of mine bought one, a while back, put it on for the first race, it died on the starting line. He sent the unit in right away with assurances of quick turn around, it took almost a year, repeated unreturned calls, and finally a faxed copy of the invoice to them with a note telling of the problem before his unit was replaced.

sell it on ebay and buy an ico or watchdog.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Hey Ken, I'm riding on the fence about going to Reno or doing the Quicksilver. I can't wait to do some more enduros this year, last year I had too many scheduling conflicts and missed most of the NMA events.
I haven't pre-entered or anything so I will probably ride on a later minute (if I get there at all).
My last and first Quicksilver was in 96 or 97. It was 24mph the whole time, no speed changes. It rained HARD and I had a great race.
Let me know what minute your on and so forth. Your input might turn my decision toward the Quicksilver.
Cheers dude, endo

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
Hi Adam, Yeah the last 2 years the Quicksilver was mostly 24mph. At least the parts I rode. It started at 20mph until the speedo check at 2.9 then 24.

The drawing for both events was last Saturday, Jan 17 so I hope to hear this week about starting minute and route sheet. I'll let you know.

We had a work party last weekend for our enduro. While visiting with everyone it turns out a couple of club members are going down to Arizona and California also. So we should have a good time.

See ya later.

Ken

Mowboy

Oct 25, 2000
Enduro nut,
Just wanted to note that frpoffroad.com is Jeff Fredette's website. As far as I know Jeff has nothing to do with the pacemaker mess that seems to be going on now (He has been using ICO for years). Jeff is no non-sense, if you order something from him and he says its on the way, you better believe its on the way!

I believe you are thinking of Fred Hoess. I have no first hand experience with Fred/Pacemaker but I have not heard too much good. Do a google search for Fred Hoess and you will find his website. Good luck.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Thanks Ken, by the way, do you know the dates for the first few NMA enduros? See ya.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Mowboy
Enduro nut,
Just wanted to note that frpoffroad.com is Jeff Fredette's website. As far as I know Jeff has nothing to do with the pacemaker mess that seems to be going on now (He has been using ICO for years). Jeff is no non-sense, if you order something from him and he says its on the way, you better believe its on the way!

I believe you are thinking of Fred Hoess. I have no first hand experience with Fred/Pacemaker but I have not heard too much good. Do a google search for Fred Hoess and you will find his website. Good luck.

BRAIN FADE!!! :uh: pingear.com is Fred's website

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
No Adam, I haven't heard the dates yet. Next Saturday, Jan 31, at the awards banquet I hope to get the new calendar. I'll keep you posted.

I do know ours is the first weekend in May.

Top Bottom