upnorthbacon

Jan 28, 2005
I need a bigger tank for my 01 yz250 and Clarke and IMS both offer larger versions with IMS being more expensive. Which should I buy? Also is the natural finish as strong as the others? I was just wondering if it's thinner or something? Also if I get a colored one will I even be able to tell how much fuel is left by looking in the tank? I'm leaning towards the natural finish so I have an idea when I'm getting low, I don't especially care for the look though.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Have had a couple Clarke's and a few IMS's. The first Clarke worked out fine, but the second one cracked when leaning my bike against a tree (it was 4-5 years old). The IMS is made from thicker material. For me it's IMS from now on. Natural is nice, but will turn dingey (brownish) in time.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Are you a motocrosser or a woods rider? FUNCTION over form. Yes, natural tanks aren't as pretty. Running out of gas because you can't see your level is a lot worse (or losing race positions for unnecessary pits, etc). IMS seems to make better quality tanks, but they are a little more pricey. IMS, natural colour would be my choice.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom