Apr 10, 2008
Hi every body! i'm new to this site so please dont hate me for my stupid questions. i am new with getting a bike and i want 1 that me and my buddy can take off-road as well as on main roads. moneys tight and i dont want anything BIG AND MIGHTY right now. i think i found what i want but i need your suggestions! i am looking at a hi-bird 250cc enduro. u can find em' on ebaymotors for $1,199. i weigh 250 lbs but am still losing weight so i'll be down to 200 in a few months. will my weight make it go slow? its weight capacity is 350 lbs. i'm looking to go at least 65mph :ride: . any help on this will be WELL apreciated!

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
The phrase "You get what you pay for" comes to mind... I'm not sure what a "hi-bird" is, but I'm guessing it is some kind of cheap chinese knock off. In general, those types of bikes are absolute junk. WHEN (not if) they break down, it is also very hard to find parts and a place to service them.

I'm not sure I would waste my $$ on one of these when you can easily find a nice 125cc 2-stroke ktm/yamaha/honda/kawasaki/suzuki that is 4-5 years old for $1500 or less that would be a LOT higher quality.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I second YamaB's comments.

You can find a 10 year old bike from one of the major manufacturers in the same price range. I can assure you that even a 20 year old bike from Yahama, Honda, etc. would hold up better than a $1,199 no name bike.

I have a 1986 Yamaha YZ-125 that I can still buy OEM factory parts for. My YZ-125 gets ridden a lot. An acquaintance bought his kid a no-name bike, and 6 months later it is collecting dust in the garage because repair parts are unavailable.

wik91

Feb 5, 2008
Don't buy that chinese crap or whatever it is...

I had chinnese 125 enduro and i rode it very hard, after every ride i had to spend lot of money just to keep it runing. When i sold it it was full of aftermarket or yamaha etc. parts that i fitted so in the end it wasn't bad bike. But it is very weak frame, heavy and no power... just don't buy it.

Buy 125 2 stroke, do the new top end and ride it like hell, only problem you will have is the piston, nothing to worry about.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Your post will most likely get moved to the "What Bike do I Get?" forum. Do a search in there.......... a Kawasaki KDX200 or 220 may be just the ticket. You can find them used in your price range, they're excellent trail bikes, fairly light weight, make enough power to get you around well, and dependable as a rock. If you get into riding more, aftermarket "go-fast" goodies are everywhere.

Top Bottom