Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
I'm planning on going. Bruised some ribs up a couple of weeks ago on the mx track, but think I'm ok now. Will be in a Blue Dodge Dakota, riding a wr250f.
Have ridden it both times so far. Definately Tennessee's best...

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Don't know if I'll make it now. These ribs are still pretty tender to be jerking the bike around in that slick, steep mountain stuff. With rain coming, Coal Creek is likely to be ultra technical.

ryan

Jul 21, 1999
That was one of the toughest races I have ridden, Slick as ICE!! I think the heavy rainfall had something to do with it.

steve lafon

Aug 30, 2000
Most riders liked it but it was wet and rained most of the day. About 75 % of the starters finished. Top score was a 26 then 27 and most AA's had 31's or low 30's Great Enduro.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Did it rain more than last year? Last year was more of a drizzly, foggy day. I flipped over backwards up a hill and broke off my rear fender. Then I had all that mud and water coming up all over me for the rest of the day.
Did they shorten the course or run the whole 70 miles?

steve lafon

Aug 30, 2000
Yes they did cut out the last section, which was a new section not use before with a couple of hills and some clearcut . The run ended at the 2nd gas stop. The rain was harder than last year with a downpour and then just a steady rain for most of the day.

Top Bottom