BooBoo

Dec 28, 2004
I'm going to have to tear replace my crankshaft in my 01 CR250 due to some major scarring on the crankshaft counterweights. Having never split a set of cases before, I'm curious to know what my parts list should consist of?

I'm going to have to replace the crank and from what I can see the connecting rod is pressed on to the crank, am I right?

I figure a new set of crank bearings as well as the cranks seals and a gasket kit should set me up. Did I miss anything?

Any recommendations for parts (Honda or aftermarket stuff?)

Any tips would be appreciated. I have the Honda service manual but I'm sure there are tricks out there that will make this easier.

Thanks guys...

Boo

Feb 6, 2005
I am not totally sure but I think its a multi-piece crank and the rod is not pressed on. Should have a 1 piece rod with flat bearings though. Also the other day in class I think my instructor said your bike was one of the ones that sold a replacement set all together because it was just cheaper to go that way. Sorry i was dozing off a little that day :p

Dirtbikehunter7

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Service Honda has great prices on Honda parts. They have an ad on the left side of this page. Also check with Mach 1 Motorsports in Vallejo, CA. I have heard the Honda OEM parts are the best.

The entire crank/rod assembly for the CR250 is not very expensive ($170 or so is what I paid for my '99), Crank bearings were about $30 each; a complete gasket set was $70+-. The piston and related top end stuff is around $100 - $120. There are a few small items not included with the gasket set such as the shift shaft seal.

If on disassembly you find your crankcase is damaged beyond repair, Honda does sell individual halfs which already have a crank bearing installed, cost about $170 from Service.

Top Bottom