woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
Does anybody have a good source for purchasing an engine service manual for an '01 250? I have read a few posts about them being rediculously expensive for what you get, but I do my own maintenance, so I am kind of stuck here. (the only place I have found them is holeshot for $55.00) I remember having sticker shock after paying $40.00 for the repair manual and suspension manual for my KDX years ago, but that was an actual manual, with a cover. Am I correct in what I read here that the KTM manual is just photocopied pages?

Thanks guys

Brian~

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
On that same note, is there a manual for KTM's that gives you step by step instructions kind of like the Clymer. I am mechanically challenged and tend to screw things up quite a bit:confused: I always liked the manuals that were available for my....dare I say it....Honda's.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Brian,
There are no good alternatives. You'd probably get a better deal, especially on shipping, if you called Mike at Cycle Zone KTM. Toll free at 866-843-7433. The manual I got from Mike this spring was right from KTM, not a photocopy. Came with dividers, index, bookmark, etc.

Wolf,
This is a weak area for KTM. Their manuals assume a certain level of knowledge. They're not nearly as good as the Japanese manuals and, I assume, the Clymer's (I've never looked at one of those). I've found if I get the owners manual, the parts manual (both come with the KTM) and buy the shop manual, I can figure most stuff out. But I consider myself a pretty fair mechanic. For the mechanically non-inclined, I can see it being very frustrating. That's where these forums come in handy.

B

biglou

Woods-I'll give a big thumbs up for Cyclezone KTM as well. Very friendly and great customer service. They are the ones that are getting my "WP Suspension" stickers at about half of what Holeshot would charge. Cyclezone doesn't have an online catalog but Mike will look it up for you and then call or Email you back. Website: www.cyclezonektm.com and Email: mkruger@cyclezonektm.com

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Any KTM dealer should be able to obtain the factory manuals for ya'. Like noted above they do assume a higher level of mechanical ability than some others I've seen but with the pictures, text and this forum I bet anybody could get through any task.

On a side note, I think it would be interesting to see what kind of official stance KTM would take on Holeshot photocopying a copyrighted manual and reselling it.:eek:

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by Patman
On a side note, I think it would be interesting to see what kind of official stance KTM would take on Holeshot photocopying a copyrighted manual and reselling it.:eek:

Good point, Patman.

Top Bottom