Eric Gorr 144cc big bore kit for 2000 Rm125 ?

jdizzlemx59

Oct 6, 2003
I had looked in to eric gorr's 144 big bore kit for my 2000 rm125 and it says it needs crankcase mods. is that saying i need to send in my whole engine and its costing me $400 still ?

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
You have to send the engine b/c the larger bore will hit the cases on the inside, as well as the bottom of the piston will hit also,,,

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i think the big bore kit costs around $350 and the crank case mods are around $75-100. send him the entire engine the rm144 really rips!:) but before you do that, go and look at RPM's prices and realise what a great deal you are getting- RPMs charges $300 just for the crank case mods!

jdizzlemx59

Oct 6, 2003
thanks alot guys, i guess it only makes sense to send the whole engine to do the mods huh lol, i bet it does rip i have considered the kit for a long time. I have shopped around and found forward motion to be the cheapest and from what i read seems to be trustworthy, blows RPM outa the game with prices !!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
it makes a big difference. generally, the big bores favour lower and mid range, but eric ports them exactly how you want it. his mo-better porting works well on the 144, they still rev really well

MikeeeP

Dec 7, 1999
We had a 1999 RM125, with SST pipe/silencer... stock reeds if I recall and the 144 kit.

The bike when we finally got it jetted somewhat close, was very fast. Much faster than any 125 I've ever ridden and I've ridden some of the factory 125s.

Here is the scoop though - it was super finicky about jetting. That thing would change by the hour it seemed. It was also a nightmare to get jetted right - I wish I could remember what the jetting was on that bike.

If you get the 2000 kit, let me know. I'm considering sending a 2000 RM125 cylinder & cases (so they can be relieved a small amount) to Eric. If I get mine done and jetted, I'll let you know what baseline specs I came up with for my altitude and temp.

Mikeee P

Top Bottom