Eric Gorr KX265 with Mo Better Porting

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I'd say it's a little stronger than stock, but the power band is awesome with the Mo Better porting. It's hard to tell where most of the improvement comes from, the porting or 265. The 265 makes it pull hard off the bottom and the porting made the power band very wide. I can pull a gear higher than I should at times and not bog. I run 13/50 gearing for the woods and now when I tap out at WFO it could use a 6th gear. I may try to run the stock 13/48 gearing to see how it pulls and over-revs. If you've ridden a 500 the power band is similar, very linear.
Eric's work? Very, very good. I highly recommend him. The kit you'll receive is complete, gaskets and all. Replacement parts are very reasonable.
The down side? He's super busy right now as you may have noted from his web site. I touched base with him several times while he had my stuff and each time he was very pleasant to talk to. If your bike can wait 4-6 weeks longer before you send him your stuff, that will help him get over his mound of work. He told me that in one week he received 5 weeks worth of work! :eek:
I hope this helps someone.

Scott

Thanks Eric for the fine work.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by bscottr
. I run 13/50 gearing for the woods and now when I tap out at WFO it could use a 6th gear. I may try to run the stock 13/48 gearing to see how it pulls and over-revs. If you've ridden a 500 the power band is similar, very linear.

I ran 13/50 before I got the 310 kit. Now I run 13/47 and it easily pulls it.

If I know I'm going to run a lot of wide open stuff, I run 14/47.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Senior,
Thanks for the insight. I believe I'll swap back to the 13/48 for the weekend and give it a try. You're right, I also think it will pull the higher gears with no problem. I'll post a report after I try it.
BTW, which porting did you go with?

Thanks,
Scott

Top Bottom