mr.remote

~SPONSOR~
Aug 18, 2001
I,m Having a little trouble understanding how and why the powerband of a 2 stroke works. I can see how the pipe could have an effect due to the frequency of the exhaust wave and back pressure, but not how the cylinder porting and headwork effect it. One thing you state in your book is, in general , for low to midrange power that you would turn down the cylinder base to retard the exhaust port timing and shorten the duration (I understand that) and that also increases the compression ratio. I have read many places that to get more bottom end increase compression ratio. In your tuning specs for powerbands you state under fuel Low to midrange : super unleaded 93 octane. Higher compression ratio higher octane? I'm aware that you know what you say in your own book. I'm just confused.

I had a 78 KD100M. It had a very wide and smooth power bottom to top. I now have a 01 KX100. Totally different power. I know that the HP ratings are also very different. For arguments sake lets say that the stock 01 KX has 29hp at 9000rpm at the shaft.(i read that somewhere). If I got the low to midrange porting from you does that mean that the 29hp would just move down to a lower rpm or how much would I lose. I very rarly ride at over half throttle. Could the power be made smooth bottom to top without losing to much. That midrange hit is very annoying when trying to climb a hill. I know this is a lot of questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Youv'e got a lot of questions that don't really apply to this forum, why you just call 1-920-356-0741 and I'll try to help out. Eric

Top Bottom