Eric/Steve 125 more 02 Cr125 advice please.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Eric/Steve have you tried comparing the engine performance with and without the reed spacer?Also on the powervalves there are some horizontal slits machined into the face of the valves-whats that all about?On the exhaust side i noticed honda have not put in the strange little lip just before where the manifold bolts to the cylinder-i remember reading if you remove the lip it loses 0.5hp so why isnt it there?Im going to keep the 02 exhaust manifold for now as once i open it up to the 01 size theres no going back.I will try to get good power using the 02 manifold and if i carnt then i will get the big drill and bits out:p thanks marcus.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Hey Marcus,ive tested the reed spacer and the difference is small. With the spacer the hit is a little smoother and without a little snapier. I perfered running the Delta valve without the spacer. The groves in the exhaust valves!? i don't know why. I think the exhaust manifold match on the 02 is a good thing,a least from a carbon buildup issue. The old step seemed wrong to me from a flow standpoint.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…