Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
I took a break from work today to go out and set up my vcr for the re-broadcast of the Phoenix 125 race. While setting it up I stumbled across the preceeding show.......National Lawnmower Association Racing!

I guess I should be flattered that such a booming sport is on before Supercross. Possibly some of the world's avid lawnmower racing fans will keep watching the tv and catch the supercross race. Maybe even throwing their blades aside and converting to our beloved sport.

Then I see the interview with the guy who has $10,000 sunk into his racing lawnmower. It goes 80 miles an hour. To think that I felt bad spending a 1/4 of that on my XR50.

And then there are the thoughts of the meetings at ESPN. Are there executives sitting around big board room tables reviewing the demographics of the lawnmower racing community; the advertising potential, and then making the decision to air this? To send a film crew?

I can only wonder.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pretty funny stuff to watch actually.... at least it's racing of some kind, lol.
Would you prefer water ballet or poker? :p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Would you prefer water ballet or poker? :p
I like it when they show the Women's Professional Curling League Draft, and it pre-empts the SX show . . . :|

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom