ESPN2 Crap AGAIN!!!!!!!!

KTMNewbie

Sep 24, 2001
My letter

This is the E-Mail that I sent to ESPN, and I urge you to vent to them as well.

To whom it may concern,
In regards to your blatent and utter disregard for the sport of Motocross, I was wondering why your network has such a hard time keeping the schedule it lays out. Motocross races have been replaced with Game Shows, Dog Shows, and even Beauty Pageants, all of which I might add are not even sports. It makes me sick that the powers that be have the nerve to tell people a Motocross race will air, only to tell them it won't seconds before air time. Any response will be greatly appreciated.
Michael McLees Jr.

As to my earlier post about the race being on at 7:30, I could have sworn that the website said that it would be on ESPN2 on 9-24-01. I thought that it said, Chevy Trucks Series. I was either wrong or they switched it.

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
thats a great letter. what address did you send it to? let me know and i'll send a couple a week til i hear back...anything for the sport is worth the time

Thumper 36

Nov 2, 2000
Nephron had provided this link to ESPN2 to voice your opinions. Here it is again in case you missed it.

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

I would suggest showing your upset, but be somewhat civil. My suggestion was for ESPN2 to pick a day and time to show the races each week and stick with it every week, even if it was in the middle of the night. I suggested 2:00 a.m. on Wednesdays. As long as we can be sure it will be on, we can set our VCRs. If you get away from the weekends, it won't be in as much danger of being preempted by a long running golf tournament, basketball game etc....

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
sorry i missed it...those links need to be a different color or somethin so they stand out a little better

KTMNewbie

Sep 24, 2001
know whats weird

You know whats weird,
As polite as my letter was, they still haven't responded. They sent me an E-Mail that they would write me because my question wasn't on their FAQs, thus they needed to reply on a person to person basis. Isn't it ironic that I send them an E-Mail explaining them about their unreliability in telling people a Motocross will air, then cancelling, and when I write them an E-Mail, they tell me they will write back but don't. Hmm, can you say customer service. :(

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
most the time when u send an e-mail to a big company they give e-mail u back one of there "fill in the blanks" e-mails like:

Dear Espn2 viewer,
we at ABC are very concerned and we know how you feel. but due to ___________ and ___________ it is imposible to meet everyone of our viewers needs. we thank to for your feedback

-ESPN2

i've got so many of these e-mails like that from Fox or microsoft.

KTMNewbie

Sep 24, 2001
I know

I know that letter, but unfortunatly that is not what they sent me. They said that due to the content of the question, a cut and paste answer would be impossible, so they would get back to me in a couple of days. That was about a week and a half ago I think.

Warren Lange

Oct 28, 2000
Here is what I sent ESPN.

I would like to compliment you for covering some motorcycle events. My buddies and I look forward to all the broad cast of motorcycle racing. Even if you air them at 2:00 am in the morning, I'm taping it. After that it goes to who ever missed the showing. However, it seems like motorcycles are a low priority for ESPN2. The shows are bumped around without any consideration to the loyal viewers, who enjoy listening to David Balley and Art and Davy Coombs. I'm so tired of all the standard "American-flying-ball- through-the-air-sports". Use ESPN for the ball-flying sports. We want to see more moto-x, super cross, trials, hare scrambles, road racing and hill climbs. How about a one hour show of Motoworld. Have David Bailey help host the shows. He knows what riding is. Motorcycle sales are at an all-time high. Follow the times. The more you show the more people will watch. If someone is flipping through the channels and they see this guy leaping up this 300+ foot hill on a 750cc bike, 9 out of 10 times, I'll bet they stop to watch. Please take some of this into consideration for the future. Our sport needs this attention. Please don’t take this the wrong way. I just want our sport to thrive. Thanks for listening.

Warren Lange
827 Menominee Dr.
Lake in the Hills, IL. 60156

Top Bottom