ESPN2 Crap AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Thumper 36

Nov 2, 2000
I am so sick of ESPN2 and there sorry coverage on the MX Nationals. I'm happy with the actual showing, just very unhappy that it is so hard to find out WHEN it will aire.

It is suppossed to be on today at 11:00, at least it was as of yesterday, but now I am getting information on my cable that they have changed it to auto racing.

Yet again, they show their complete lack of respect for this sport and its fans. I can't recall EVER seeing anything else on ESPN2 that is suddenly moved, cancelled etc... at the last minute. This is a feakin' TAPED SHOW!!!!! It should not be that difficult to pick a broadcast time and stick with it. Last weekend they had all the football games cancelled due to WTC and they showed 12 + hrs of "Greatest Athletes" stuff. They could have easily shown the races last weekend.

Thats my Rant!!!!! Anybody else out there as pissed as I am?

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
What a load of crap! So the only time it will be on is 4-6am next Friday???? I've been looking forward to this one race because of RC on the 125...Man

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
It's on at 12pm today, it's been on the schedule(motoworld) as that time for the last month or so:think
I am in no way sticking up for espn2 though, believe me;)
I'm sitting here with my new VCR + TV so I can record this race, haven't been able to record any all year.

Thumper 36

Nov 2, 2000
I don't care if they show it every Satarday night at 2:30 am, they just need to stick with the time they have it scheduled. At least if it came on in the middle of the night, you would be able to set up your VCR and tape it.

The way it is now, it appears that if there is ANYTHING else that comes up to show, the will move the MX. Does anybody watch alot of other sports on ESPN and ESPN2 and find that this happens to ANY other sport? It seems that I remember the races were delayed or cancelled once for a womens softball game and it seems another time they had a stinkin' spelling bee on or something....... Give me a break!!!

If ESPN2 cannot or will not show them as scheduled, they need to let someone else pick it up. I sure wish Fox Sports would do it. They sure seem to be able to show the GNCC races at the same time, same day, each week. Wow!!!, what a concept!!!

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
Check it out when Monday Night Football is on....feaking billiards, spelling bee, competitive aerobics, Magic The Gathering. They don't dare show anything remotely interesting for fear they will take away from MNF ratings.

Seriously, are there that many folks out there following these B-league left turn races that aren't ALREADY AT THE RACE?? I mean who could look at a national outdoor mx event and not be a little impressed by the rider's ability or atleast curious enough to watch for a while. Speedvision is almost as bad lately. I mean I love all motorcycle racing, but man the novelty has worn off the road racing for me, thanks to them. You just don't see squat on off-road riding period (now they did cover Dakar and did a VERY good job.) Sometimes Bike Week will throw us a bone if they're not showcasing the latest Gold Wing, sport cruiser or attending a scooter rally. Or shows like High Octane, but you have to weed your way through the tatoos, freestyle mx & dumba$$'s like Deegan.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
At least they could tell us when the are going to attempt to show it at a later time. Half of the re-airs fizzle as well. It's possible that we may never see it.

I wonder about all the sponsors of the programming. Shouldn't they be concerned about the money that they are spending for advertising only to get jerked around like the rest of us. What does ESPN tell the sponsors? "Sorry Mr. Honda, we couldn't show your commercial at the agreed time because we are a bunch of coward flakes and we really need to show this spelling bee that all of a sudden came up."

I agree, show it at 3AM everytime, that is fine with me, just be consistent.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by osheen

I wonder about all the sponsors of the programming. Shouldn't they be concerned about the money that they are spending for advertising only to get jerked around like the rest of us.

Excellent point. Maybe some letters to the sponsors are in order.:think

orion163

Mar 12, 2001
Good idea.

Write letters to the sponsors, maybe they will stop carrying all motocross events. But at least that way, YOU wont have to worry about filling your tapes up with spelling bees, etc.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
FREESTYLE IS ON NOW CH. 26!!!:)

Ricky

Jan 12, 2000
ESPN2 sucks big time? This keeps happening over and over again. Why don't the promoters (Pace or SFX or whoever they are) try to hook up with Speedvision, FOX sports or OLN or another reliable network?

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
They keep showing that Big Air final from the X Games, but I still have not seen the actual, full-on freestyle that Pastrana won. That stupid big air deal has been on like 5 times and NONE of the other stuff. While were all venting here, what's the deal with the skateboard best trick contest where they let Tony Hawk try a trick like 30 times until he sticks it, then act like it was just the most amazing thing they've ever seen. Hell, I even like skateboarding, but that was just goofy.:think

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
ESPN 2 SUCKS!! A while back their was a dirtbike event scheduled, and when I go to watch it, they have that stupid little league world series on!!! Who cares?!?! Plus, just this past Saturday I went to watch the MX nationals in Delmont, PA only to see some useless indy car race. Who wants to see guys drive around in a circle. Car racing shouldn't even be on TV.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Why don't the promoters (Pace or SFX or whoever they are) try to hook up with Speedvision, FOX sports or OLN or another reliable network?

Although it would "de-emphasize" Motocross even further than it already (shamefully) has, I'd be all for MX going to Fox network, as has been done with the Grand National series. :)

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
nothin was worse than the time i flipped over to espn when a race was supposed to be on...only to find they had decided to put a dog show on the air instead of the race...it doesnt get much more degrading for the sport than that

Top Bottom