Etnies/RacerX Photo Contest

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Well...1st I'd have to attend a MX event or be somewhere near a dirtbike AND I'd have to know how to use a camera. Well that leaves me out. :laugh:

Good Luck, Lou!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good Luck Lou!!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I wish the deadline was after Millville. Maybe I'll use some of my stuff from the Cdn Nats and my Alessi shot from Millville last season. Some confusing things in the rules though

All images submitted to the etnies/Racer X Photography contest remain the sole property of the photographer. Entrants retain copyright over each of their images. Entrants grant Sole Technology, Inc a license to use the submitted photos in print or electronic form and use in promotions and advertising without compensation.

Then a little while latter.

ALL SUBMISSIONS, ENTRIES, DRAWINGS AND ANY COPYRIGHTED OR COPYRIGHTABLE ARTWORK, PHOTOS OR DESIGNS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CONTAINED THEREIN ARE AND SHALL BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SOLE TECHNOLOGY, INC. and the entrant agrees to execute such assignment or other documents as are necessary to enforce the rights of Sole Technology, Inc. granted herein without any compensation of any kind to the entrant.

At least I find it confusing but it is pretty early here still :laugh:

B

biglou

Yeah, I was wondering about that stuff too. If I take a pic of RC and submit it, how does that affect all the legalititties of his sponsors, etc. I'm just gonna shoot some shots and submit them. If I'm in the wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know... :ohmy:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i dont care who you are.....that there is funny. benny was the best thing public television ever did.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil is going to enter. You have some competition Lou!!! :p

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil sent his in hopefully one of you guys will have some luck with the contest!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I really wanted to enter a picture, but I didn't have anything that I felt was worthy. It would be great seeing a double-page spread with a DRN'ers picture though!

B

biglou

There's actually going to be 11 winners, with one getting more schwag and a bigger picture in the mag, but all 11 will get shoes, shirt, hat. The grand prize winner gets a hoodie and some other goodies, but it's all good! Good luck to Phil! He's definitely got "the eye", like Okie.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
biglou said:
There's actually going to be 11 winners, with one getting more schwag and a bigger picture in the mag, but all 11 will get shoes, shirt, hat. The grand prize winner gets a hoodie and some other goodies, but it's all good! Good luck to Phil! He's definitely got "the eye", like Okie.

Where can I purchase one of these "eyes" that you speak of? ;)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Good luck to you also, Lou! :cool:

Kawidude said:
Where can I purchase one of these "eyes" that you speak of? ;)

When you find them let me know...I can use the same camera with the exact same settings and mine don't turn out nearly as nice as Phil's. My problem is I lack patience, he is very patient when it comes to taking pics. I also have a hard time remembering what all of the setttings are and what they do. I usually say, "set it up for me". Then I'll take it from there and hope for the best.

B

biglou

photojojo said:
...probably woudln't have entered anyway because of the rights giveaway.
And you're a professional photojournalist, so you're disqualified. :nener:

No email yet. Damn the waiting...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
biglou said:
And you're a professional photojournalist, so you're disqualified. :nener:

Hee Hee ... we could all learn a bunch from Chris about composition. I know I have. He used the chrome on the back of a helmet to compose a shot of part of the group recently. Taking the ordinary and looking at it from a different point of reference ...

biglou said:
No email yet. Damn the waiting...

Good luck, you have some great images for sure.

B

biglou

Thanks. One out of every 40-50 shots works out. As for composition and still life, etc., I suck!

B

biglou

400 pics posted so far over at etnies.com, and not one of mine, lol! I do recognize the shots from a few pics in the second batch of 200 though. I stood in the same spots to shoot.

There might be one or two of Phil's over there. One is Bubba chasing RC through that really deep, dark loamy corner on the back side. Then there's another of Alessi in the corner that I shot K-dub in with the yellow track marker right in the center of the frame.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
The 1st one second row, of Reed, is Phil's, that was at Steel City two years ago :cool: .

Dang this is awesome!! Phil has a few in there...

Row 21: #48 Gibson, RC and Stewart on the right of that
Row 22: Backside of Ricky, #24 Josh Grant, Ricky in a turn
ALL of those are Phil's :cool: :cool:

Phil says if he wins...I have to buy him a REAL camera. All of these pics are taken with a Fuji S-7000. Nice camera, but not the best for shooting MX.

Great job Phil!!! Lou, you don't have a single thing in there? You have some sweet shots! Probably a 3rd batch and maybe yours will be in there. Hopefully...

Last edited:
B

biglou

Yeah, the one of RC and Bubba next to the Gibson picture is exactly the one I thought was Phil's. We both kinda favored that corner. The dark loam made for nice contrast.

btw-The Etnies site is running BRUTALLY slow for me from work. I'm talking less than 56k modem slow... :bang:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Haven't seen anything else on the contest...

Top Bottom