Truck9

Jan 24, 2004
Apparently all the 450exc's are sold in my area. I went into a dealership in Hayward,CA and the dealer just chuckled and asked if I wanted to be placed on a waiting list. However, I was surf'n the net and found a motorcycle broker out of Canada that can sell me a new 2004 450exc crate bike. He stated that he buys direct from Austria and that the bikes he has are a "European" model. Apparently the bikes are ment for Europe sales and come with turn signals and some other items that make them street legal. He states that they are the "same" bike (same motor, suspension etc.) as the USA counterpart. Has anyone out there bought one of these or know any information on this bike and buying a bike out of the U.S. I cannot find any information or pictures of this bike anywhere on the net........Please help!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
They are the same bike with the add ons-you can sell off the parts you dont need, you should check the jetting from the euro version to the us in case they are different.

ROADRACER

Oct 7, 2000
I have heard that some models are not Green Sticker legal. I'm not from Ca. so I don't know that for sure but its something that you might want to check into if it applies to your riding area.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
gasgasman said:
If you buy a bike outside the U.S., don't expect and help from KTM if anything breaks on it.

True 'dat. Then again, you are buying a dirt bike....I pretty much figured I was on my own with the KX, in terms of support from Kawasaki.

darklife41

Feb 28, 2004
I've just purchased a '04 525 EXC in Australia. They still aren't legal in the USA as is. European models are identical to USA models, except that they include turn signals and on/off road tires. Depending on where you live, (elevation) you may have to re-jet to get the optimal performance. In fact, most of the KTM's used Dakar 2004 were European models.
Truck9, looks like you're also a member of 4strokes.com. I posted a more lengthy response to your post there. Also posted a couple of links with pics. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. dark :-)

Top Bottom