kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Dont know if anyone else saw this at cyclenews.com, but Smets and Coppins are both trying to come to america, well Smets is going to go and race but Coppins is planing his out and has to see if he uis allowed to go and get the right support. Coppins wants to do Southwick and Budds Creek, while Smets is just going to do Southwick. They are both doing this as there are no GP's during June, Italy and Austria have cancelled there GP's.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Southwick will be a great race, Henry back for one race, Coppins?, Smets(on a works 520), not to mention the rest of the national group. That may prove to be one of the best events of the year.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Pencil in Alesio(Chico) Chiodi for the Southwick and Budds Creek Nationals as well. Seems he's unhappy with the way the GP's are going(who isn't?) and wants another shot at America. Cycle News says he'll be aboard a Yamaha of Troy bike for this. The Nationals get better everyday.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Bring 'em on!

We'll kick their butts here too!:p

Personally, with the way the Action Group is dicking up the GPs, I can see more and more guys coming over here and the Nationals becoming more the "Premier" series in the world. Heck, maybe it'll even bring back the open class!

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Re: Bring 'em on!

Originally posted by XRpredator
Heck, maybe it'll even bring back the open class!

We can only hope so. I was too young to experience open bikes when they were being raced and I need to see what I missed.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Outdoor Des Nations........

Yep Im with XR bring em on.....

Not to see them get their arses handed to them but to see the talent.... Looks like a round or two may end up becoming a mini Des Nations.... The nationals are gonna be rough on the privateers this year.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Why is it that the good 'ol USA doesnt host the des nations?? or a GP?? just cos of what happened last time when a GP was held?? But as for an open class, that would be great, but the GP's might be cut down to two classes, 125's and 250/open, which id have to say your classes over there are just that. As long as the compition is at a high leave why not a?? As for the world having 4-stroke racing, i wonder what will happen to the world endruo titles and the smaller road racing classes?? Most riders arent happy with the way thigns are going in the GP's, but what ive seen on tv, id have to say the racing is GREAT, but it really doesnt seem right having just the one moto, even watching it on tv. Smets was AWESOME on the sand in the dutch GP, and just as good in Oz, only if he didnt have a bike problem, he would have won for sure.

Top Bottom