kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
Evart trail (big log)

hi,
has anyone been by this area or better yet on this trail lately ?
just looking for trail conditions, and if the snow is gone yet.

i'm sure after this weekend everything should be good to go, but was wondering how this weekend would be there.

thx,

Last edited:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
I haven't been there recently, so for what that's worth - BUT - Evart is usually the last place (downstate) to continue to hold ice/snow especially down in those "gullys" where the sun don't shine.

I usually wait for at least a couple weeks after everything else in the area is rideable before wandering to Evart.

If you "go for it", let us know how it was (since I'm not studded up, I'll wait)

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
i was sorta guessing that, with the type of dirt and terrain that is there....
good idea, thanks!

i did call Evart Chamber of Commerce, and she said that the last of the snow melted just 2 days ago.

we decided to hit some other places this sat. and tue. and will do Evart after these.

i'll keep you posted.

dave

24mph,m/l

snow depth

Don't be decieved by someone in town telling you "the snow is all gone". We rode the Ogemaw Hills loop today and even though West Branch was nearly devoid of snow, the trail was axle deep in many places, and where it wasn't that deep it was solid ice. 11.4 miles of trail, only the .4 was bare dirt. An adventure.

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
very good point.
i'm going to give it a week.
thx!

24mph said:
Don't be decieved by someone in town telling you "the snow is all gone". We rode the Ogemaw Hills loop today and even though West Branch was nearly devoid of snow, the trail was axle deep in many places, and where it wasn't that deep it was solid ice. 11.4 miles of trail, only the .4 was bare dirt. An adventure.

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
road Evart today.
just a couple small mud holes, and the rest was bone dry, and dusty.

had fun with the rocks and roots, even found a big log to climb over which was as tall as my seat. got some pics on my brothers cell phone, can't wait to see them.

i did it about 6 times, i did flip off it once and the bike was wedged perfectly upside down next to the log. i yelled for my brother to come help me flip this thing over, it was leaking gas everywhere.
i yelled again , then turned around when he wasn't coming to help, and he's laughing is a$$ off and clicking pictures. :-)

he wasn't going to pass up a Kodak moment to help his brother. :-)

dave

Last edited:

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
my brother finally learned how to get these pics off his camera.
i have more, but it won't let me load any more here.

i made it over both ends a bunch oof times, but i always seem to keep myself humble with at least one crash. :-)

this log is just south of that bowl play area, right next to the trail.
i didn't see any other marks on the log from other bikes.
how can you guys pass this beauty up. :-)

dave

Attachments

• evart big log sm pic.jpg
    evart big log sm pic.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 282
  • evart big log sm pic 2.jpg
    evart big log sm pic 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 252
  • evart log crash sm pic.jpg
    evart log crash sm pic.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 255

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom